Chapter Fifty-Eight: Sibling Starborn Interlude

Jingliu stood, enveloped by the ethereal whispers of the mythical forest, her gaze fixed on Vahn, the newly introduced sister whose title as the Battle God seemed to resonate with a depth beyond mere appellations. The aura that surrounded Vahn was ancient, almost primordial, compelling Jingliu to ponder the true extent of her power. Yet, when she attempted to peer deeper, Vahn's soul remained obscured, as if shrouded by an unseen veil.

"Could it be an artifact? Or perhaps someone's intervention..." Jingliu's thoughts trailed off as she caught Vahn looking back at her, a twinkle of amusement and understanding in her eyes. The message was clear without words: they would have their discussion in due time.

Vahn then turned her attention to the gathered siblings, her expression softening into a faint smile. "Hello, everyone. I hoped things have turned out well for the best," she greeted warmly, though her eyes briefly flickered with a shadow of concern as they settled on Adabas, who averted her gaze, "Or for the worse."

Seris, stepping forward to take the reins of the conversation, gestured towards Jingliu. "Certainly for the better. We have a new member here, as you can see," her arm elegantly indicating Jingliu's presence.

Vahn nodded in acknowledgment. "Indeed, that is most welcome news," she responded, then addressed Boras, "If you would, please tend to the others. Ensure their weapons are in order after today's ordeals."

Boras, raising an eyebrow in slight confusion at Vahn's request, acquiesced. "Alright, if that's what you wish. But are you certain this is the time for such matters? We have only just returned with Lady Terminus."

The mention of 'Terminus, the Aeon of Finality,' piqued Jingliu's curiosity, prompting her to inquire directly, much to the surprise of those around her. "You know Terminus?" she asked, her voice tinged with an unwitting informality.

The reactions were immediate and telling. Boras fixed her with a gaze sharp as the ambient sound of a hammer striking metal lending a somber tone. "Even if you yourself are a being of transcendence, do not casually invoke the Aeon without due honorifics," he chided, his tone both a warning and a lesson.

Confusion painted the faces of the others, reflecting Jingliu's own inner turmoil. 'What's happening here?' she wondered, sensing a misalignment in their perceptions.

Vahn's eyes met Jingliu's, conveying a silent instruction to be patient, reaffirming the earlier unspoken promise of a forthcoming explanation.

Jingliu, realizing the depth of the cultural and perhaps certain complexities she had stumbled into, decided to retreat from the topic. "My apologies, Boras. I am still learning the proper respects," she said, her tone neutral yet revealing her unfamiliarity with the nuances of divine etiquettes.

"It's fine. Just remember to express your respects towards all Aeons. They embody the very essence of our world's order," Boras replied, his earlier sternness softening into a more educational tone.

Jingliu pondered silently, suspecting that Boras and perhaps others might not fully grasp the nature of the Aeon that embodied all concepts. 'Or perhaps such knowledge is lost or yet undiscovered here,' she thought.

Vahn then gently interrupted Jingliu's reflections. "You are pardoned, Jingliu. I understand the trials you've endured on your journey here."

"How do you..." Jingliu began, but stopped herself, remembering Vahn's counsel for patience. She nodded silently, accepting that the time for answers would come.

Vahn then addressed the group, her voice commanding yet gentle. "Everyone, I must speak with Jingliu alone." The announcement sparked a mix of shock and concern among the siblings, but these reactions quickly gave way to acceptance.