[1]

*alarm ringing*

Waking to my alarm ringing, I rub my eyes and check the time to see that it is five in the morning. I cuddle a little with Squishy, my teddybear. I know it may feel a little childish, but I have him from when I was little. He gives me comfort. After making my bed, I put my old iphone 6 to charging, - it is mom's old phone, she allowed me to use it - and saunter to the common bathroom.

After entering the bathroom I brush my teeth, do my daily routine and take a cold shower as the heater has not been working since last month. But it is bearable as it is still not winter so the weather is not that cold. 

I tried calling mom but as usual I know she won't pick my calls. She might also have changed her number by now, knowing that I was the one calling her.

Nevermind, I'm used to it by now.

She has been on her business trip to Australia for the last one and a half months. Mom and her boyfriend work as financial consultants for large companies.

After the shower, I quickly dry myself to stop the slight shivering caused by the cold water and get dressed in a simple loose white t-shirt and shorts, put on slippers, put my hairs in a loose bun and make my way downstairs with the used clothes for doing the laundry.

Our house is a small 2bhk house. When I was little we used to live close to the city, that house was bigger than the present one.

After coming downstairs, I start doing the chores like dusting, cleaning, though there is a little to no dirt or dust in this house as I clean it daily. I smile looking at the neatly kept living room. After doing the laundry I make my way to the kitchen in order to make myself breakfast. I start making scrambled eggs with toast and also start preparing some pbj sandwiches for my lunch.

I like cooking. Initially I had no idea how to cook, the first time I cooked a meal, I got food poisoning. But slowly I learned how to cook a proper meal. Now I can also make a small cake.

Ha!! I pat myself and smile, feeling proud about it.

Once I finished cooking I ate my scrambled eggs and toast and drank some orange juice, did the dishes and made my way upstairs to my room to get ready for school.

I changed into a simple peach blouse with blue skinny jeans, brushed my hair and styled them in a high ponytail.

Looking into the mirror, I can see a girl with pale complexion and black hairs, there is no sparkle in her light blue eyes.

Turning around, I put on my white sneakers, unplug my phone from the charger and make my way downstairs while taking my school bag. 

I check the time it is 7.30, school starts at 8.30, I still have an hour, so I decide to leave and spend some time by the lake before heading to school. I pick my lunch box and keep it in my school bag, taking the keys out of the holder, I close and lock the door behind me.

The walk towards the lake I spent by observing nature around me. Our house is isolated deep inside the town, where there are few residences. That is the reason, here we have tons of trees compared to the main town.

Reaching the lake, I sit underneath a tree basking in the morning sun, looking at the picturesque view in front of me. The lake is serene, reflecting the colorful leaves of the surrounding trees, the only sound that can be heard is of chirping birds and buzzing insects.

-----

After sometime I start making my way towards the school, it takes me approx. 20 minutes daily to reach there. 

The school here is nothing unique, it is a regular small school. Most students shift to the city to study further after high school. The people in this town are polite and friendly but I don't really have friends, as I don't want anybody to find out about mom.

Just as I take my seat in the middle near the window, Mrs. Shirley enters and starts with the class.

Hopefully, school gets over quickly, so I can enjoy the weekends by the lake reading books.

(word count : 765)

----------------

If you like the story don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all ❤️