[10]

Before I could break out in panic, Alessandro added, "It's just a few house rules" hearing this, I relaxed and responded with an okay.

He asked me to take a seat on the bed, which I did and looked at him as he walked towards the study. Taking the chair, he sat in front of me resting his elbows on his knees and interlocking his fingers. Even while sitting he towered over me.

"So Kyrie, as you're staying here, there are few rules that you will be expected to follow." Alessandro began to speak.

Okay. That's fine with me.

"These are some important rules. The rest of your brothers have also followed similar rules, though Luca is still following them as he is still not eighteen yet." He starts saying to which I nod my head.

"Failure to follow these rules will result in severe punishments", he pauses before adding, "Is that clear Kyrie?"

Punishment!

I frantically nod my head while looking at him with wide eyes.

Sighing he says firmly, "I expect verbal answers Kyrie."

Realizing my mistake, I quickly say, "Y-yes"

"That's also the first rule, It is to make sure that you understand what we are asking or talking about." He explains.

I responded to him with an okay.

"Okay, so moving on to the next rule, I expect you to never disrespect any of your brothers or elders, which includes back talking, cursing, rolling your eyes or any inappropriate gestures" he continues.

Why would I deliberately disrespect anyone for no reason at all? Besides, I don't like back talking or cursing and about inappropriate gestures, I don't know much about them.

So I answer, "Yes", but then a question pops into my head. What if they...? Should I ask him?

"Yes Kyrie, what is it?" he asks me with a knowing look to which I shyly ask him, "Ca- can they be disrespectful to me?"

"No, Kyrie. And I mean, no one can disrespect you, not even your brothers " he says firmly before continuing in a deadly voice, "And if they do, they will suffer the consequences."

Consequences?

A shiver ran through my body as I heard his deadly voice. I immediately replied, "Okay," to which he nodded before continuing.

"Next, you will not leave the house without telling someone. You must always inform someone of your whereabouts or take someone with you if you want to go outside. That is for ensuring your safety." he specifies.

I have no problem with this rule. Before, I used to live alone, so I did not have to inform anyone where I was going, but now I am living with my brothers, so it makes sense to inform them.