[19]

As I step out of my closet after getting ready for the day, I glance at my bed to see that Mavy is still sleeping peacefully.

Last night, after saying goodnight to Hades, I was doing my night routine when Mavy came to check on me since I was a little late to go to his room.

He said he'd wait for me while I changed into comfortable clothes, but when I came back, I saw him fast asleep on my bed.

So I didn't wake him up and covered him with the blanket before sleeping next to him and hugging Squishy.

Checking the time, I saw that it wasn't yet six in the morning. Letting him sleep, I slowly exit my room without making much noise.

Not knowing what to do, I decide to go downstairs. Besides, I could meet up with Nyx if he is to leave early this morning too.

I'm relieved that Zee and Nyx don't have a problem with me calling them by nicknames. It's only fair to give them nicknames when they call me using sweet endearments.

Once downstairs, I glance around to find none of my brothers present, just a few maids dusting and cleaning who have not noticed me yet. 

I stand there awkwardly, wondering whether I should greet them or not, when something strikes my mind. 

Smiling, I approach them, "Good morning," I greet them politely. They give me a startled look before greeting me back with a smile.

They seem friendly.

"Um, can I help you with dusting or maybe cleaning?" I ask them after a while. I miss doing regular house chores. 

They look at me with wide eyes and then look at each other, while I look at them hopefully.

Why are they looking at me like I am an alien?

"Miss Romano, you - you do not need to do anything. Just order us where to clean, we will do it right away." One of them say, now looking scared.

Why are they suddenly scared? Do I look scary?

Before I could say anything, I heard Nyx's voice, "Good morning, sweetheart." I turned around and saw him coming down the stairs while glancing between the maids. 

"Good morning, Nyx," I greet him with a beaming smile on my face.

"What are you doing down here so early, sweetheart?" he asks me, giving me a hug.

"Uh, I was just, - " I say but pause when I see the maids shaking their heads frantically, I quickly add, " - greeting them," smiling at him.

He chuckles, saying, "Okay. But what I meant was that you came downstairs alone today without Luca," as he puts his arm around my shoulder and walks towards the kitchen while glancing at me.