[4]

Entering the study in our mansion, I place my suit jacket on the couch and sit on the armchair after taking the files that I had bought from the office.

Just as I am about to open a file, Matteo enters with two coffee mugs while saying, "I thought you said that you are taking a day off."

"Well, yes I am on my day off", I tell him matter of factly, as I take the coffee mug which Matteo passes me. He just rolls his eyes while taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh common! It's barely 9 in the morning and you are sitting in the study wearing a suit with the file in your hand." he says.

"First, I am not wearing a three piece suit, it is my usual formals. Second, I am not in the office, I am sitting in our home", I responded.

"Are you kidding me Sandro!!", he exclaims.

Mio Dio! Here comes the lecture.

Matteo has always been the one to take care of all our siblings. Even before our parents divorce, Matteo has taken it as his responsibility. We, of course, had our father, grandparents and uncle - aunt taking care of us growing up.

Well, our mother, Matilda, was a different story. She was never a mother to us. I don't even remember her even talking to us. We would usually stay with our grandparents in our mansion.

"You need to take a proper day off which means no work. You have been working this whole week without a break. It is not good for your health -", he continues before I interrupt him,"Okay, okay, just give me an hour, I will keep all the work aside for the rest of the day." To which he agrees. I sure do not want a lecture this early in the morning.

Being a Mafia Boss is not that easy. It has its ups and downs.

When I turned eighteen, dad not only passed the company to me but also the mafia. He helped me in understanding everything. It was not that hectic then. And when he was sure that I could take all the responsibility by myself, he thought of taking a long vacation.

It's been two years since then, he has been on vacation all around the world. He sure deserves a vacation after working for so many years.

After a few minutes Matteo stands while saying, "I'll be right back." I raise an eyebrow.

"I also bought some files from the office yesterday, they are in my room. I'll quickly get them."he says as he exits the study.

I rolled my eyes at this, he was just going to lecture me for the same thing.

He is almost as much of a workaholic as I am.

As I am reading the file, I am interrupted by my personal phone ringing, which is resting on the coffee table.

Not bothering to check who it is, as everyone in the mafia knows to only call my work phone, I answer without hesitation.

"Alessandro Romano speaking", I speak.