[8]

After taking a warm shower, I exit my room with a book and my t-shirt in my hand. 

I have been working on my canvas since afternoon, after completing some of the mafia work and checking if the youngest had done their given task properly.

For once, they did their assigned job sincerely - well except for Hades.

Luca has been constantly blabbering since Sandro and Matteo left for Montana. While we were all just listening to him feeling amused. 

Well Hades was a different story. He got so angry with Luca, that he just snapped at him and left the house, not before informing me though, of course he knows the consequences of not doing so..

Thinking that I could peacefully read a book till Sandro and Matteo arrive with our youngest brother, I make my way downstairs.

The house sounds quiet for once, though it's always quiet except for the constant bickering and some silly fights of the youngest.

Hades has already left for his underground match - probably to vent his anger - while the other youngest, Ares and Luca are in the gaming room downstairs. Whereas, Onyx probably must be in the library working on his assignments.

I wonder when dad will return.

I miss him.

He has been a really great dad to all of us. He never made us feel that our mother has been missing from the frame.

Well speaking about our mother, I don't remember much of her as I was a five year old kid when she left us. But, as much as I have heard from Sandro and Matteo about her, is that she never used to give us time and barely spoke with us.

When our mother left, Onyx, twins and Luca were toddlers. As they grew up, in school they started noticing that other students have a father and a mother. They started asking about our mother. So, one day, dad sat with them and made them understand about their divorce.

Slowly, they seemed to understand and stopped asking about her.

But, Hades was not ready to accept that our mother had left. He slowly started getting violent because of his pent up emotion.

He thinks that we don't know what he feels like because he never talks about it. But he is wrong, though he can mask his emotion well from others but not from his family.

And right now, it seems like he is jealous of our little brother Kyrie. Maybe thinking that he got to spend fifteen years with her.

With a heavy sigh, I enter the kitchen, place my book on the table while placing my t-shirt on my shoulder - I'll wear it later - and start preparing my coffee. While the water is boiling, I think about the new member of our family, Kyrie.

Hopefully, he is nothing like the youngest three. They are always creating havoc and getting into trouble.

I would prefer if he is like Onyx. Well Onyx is a sweet boy, he is not that rebellious or reckless like the rest, although he can be dangerous sometimes.