[6]

It's been 30 minutes now that we have been driving

The ride has been mostly silent. Occasionally, Alessandro and Matteo would speak a few words with each other.

Speaking of the two, - now that I look at them properly - my brothers are really huge. Don't get me started on their muscles, though I can't see much, but from their tight clothing, I can guess that they workout regularly.

I saw how the women were looking at them when we walked out of the station while men were looking with envy.

They surely look handsome. But they are intimidating. My body shivers at the thought of staying with them.

I would always imagine brothers to be friendly, always smiling, gentle but my brothers are the opposite.

I had little to no interaction with boys in the past. I thought that I could manage living with a brother. But instead of one, now I have to live with two men. That too scary men.

I don't know how I am going to survive.

I started thinking of our first interaction earlier today.

-- flashback --

I was in the middle of a very strange dream where I found out that mom has died and I was about to stay with my brother. Before I could dive deep into my dream, I started waking up to the constant shaking of my shoulder.

When I open my eyes and look around the room, I realize that I am in the same office inside the station and everything came crashing down on me. This all is real.

"Kyrie, dear", hearing my name I turned to look at Sherin. She was holding a pizza. "Why don't you eat something?", she asked me.

To which I reply to her, that I am not hungry. "I know dear, but try and eat something. There is still some time left for your brothers to reach", she tried to convince me. I reluctantly took a slice. She tried to persuade me to take more. But I don't want to waste the food as I know, I can hardly eat a slice - also I'm not a fan of frozen pizza.

After eating I start thinking of my brother. I had always wanted an older brother and now that I know I had him from the beginning, I feel sad.

Why did mom never mention me about having a brother. I would have someone to play with, to share everything with... At least, I would not have been alone.

But why didn't he try to visit me once? Did he not know about me as well? But as Sherin said he instantly took my guardianship, so he must have known about me right?

What if he never wanted to spend time with me? Maybe that is the reason he never visited me. What if he is like mom?

No. Stop.

All these thoughts are making me go insane. I take my book out - it is an old novel that I had purchased last year - in order to distract myself from all the thoughts. But it is not helping, so I take my old earphones out.