[16]

The morning sun rays filtered through the curtains into Luca's room, making Kyrie stir in her sleep, opening her eyes, she looked around sleepily.

Feeling something move besides him, Luca opened his eyes groggily and peeped to find his little sister snuggled up to his side.

"Good morning, Ky. Why are you up so early?" Luca asked in a sleepy voice as he glanced at the watch.

"Good morning, Mavy. Did you forget, I get up early in the morning?" Kyrie said, a little sleep still evident in her voice as she snuggled more into his side.

Every morning when she wakes up, she's made it a habit to cuddle with Squishy, but now that Squishy is not with her, she is cuddling with Luca in her half-sleepy state.

"I know, Ky. But you slept - Wait!" Luca started to speak, but stopped mid-sentence when he realized something, all the traces of sleep vanished from his eyes.

He looked at Kyrie with surprise as he asked, "Did you just give me a nickname?"

"Hmm?" Kyrie looked at him, a little confused.

"You called me 'Mavy'. Is that a nickname, Ky?" Luca asked again, delighted.

Realizing what she has unknowingly called Luca, she looks at him with slightly widened eyes, now fully awake. "Um... I didn't mean to... If you don't like it, then -", she began to speak nervously. She didn't know what she was thinking when she called him that.

"Like it? I love it, Ky!" Luca exclaimed happily as he hugged her. Hearing that Kyrie was at ease.

"No one's ever called me that before. That sounds cool. I can't wait to tell everyone about it," Luca said happily.

"Now come on, let's go back to sleep, you need more sleep." Luca said, closing his eyes, while lightly patting her back.

Kyrie glanced towards the watch and frowned before turning to Luca and saying, "You have school, Luca. You should wake up now, or you'll be late," as she sat on the bed.

Luca didn't respond, just lay there. Kyrie began to shake him as she said, "Come on Luca, wake up."

Groaning Luca opened his eyes and looked at Kyrie with puppy eyes saying, "Please Ky, I don't want to go. And why are you calling me Luca?"

"Because you are not listening to me," Kyrie said with a pout, pretending to be sad and turned sideways folding her hands for added effect.

She has never acted like this before, but staying in Luca's presence his childish nature is rubbing on her.

Not liking the thought of her being sad, he said, "Okay, Okay, I am awake, now don't be sad," as he too sat up looking at her. She turned to him, giving him a smile.

"And from now on, just call me by the nickname you gave me, okay?" He continued stating her seriously.

"Okay, Mavy," she said, playfully nodding her head, to which Luca too grinned hearing the nickname.