Chapter: Two

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                  ~ | Season 2, ep 6:
           "Presenting Loralie Gilmore. "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Here you go." Maren smiled sleepily as she refilled Lorelai and Rorys mugs.

"Thank you." Rory smiled, and Maren nodded. "You ok? You look tired." Lorelai questioned as she sipped her cup of coffee.

"I'm good, I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up all night studying for a math test. Me and math don't mix too well. And because we're running low on help this morning." Maren nodded off.

"Aw, I'm sorry hun. I hope you do well on your test." Lorelai smiled.

"Thanks." Maren smiled gratefully.
"So what do you want? Eggs, toast, combo?" Luke asked, stepping next Maren wearing his signature turned around cap and flannel shirt.

"What's the rush there, zippie?" Lorelai questioned.
"Were swamped, as Maren said, we were supposed to have help, but I don't. So order right now, or I'm bringing you an egg white omelet with steamed spinach." Luke threatened while filling up coffees to other customers.

Maren gave a disgusted look at the food he offered if they didn't decide. She picked up a dirty plate and took it to the washer.

She came back to find Jess who decided to bless them with his presence.
"Morning sleeping beauty." Maren stiffled a laugh. Jess gave her an aha look as Luke checked his watch.

"Jess, you were supposed to be down here, and what the hell is that?" Luke pointed at Jess's Mettalica T-shirt.

"That is a shirt." Jess responded boredly.
"Change." Luke told the dark-haired boy.

"What?" Jess asked.
"Go upstairs and change your shirt." Luke said. "I like this shirt." Jess responded.

"How can you like it?" Luke asked.
"It brings out my eyes." Jess replied as Maren stiffled a laugh.

Jess smirked at the girl before Luke began arguing with him again.

"Part of the deal is that you work here. When you work here, you'll wear proper work attire, and that is not proper work attire. Go change into something that won't scare my customers." Luke pointed his finger at the boy.

"Whatever you say, Uncle Luke." Jess replied before marching back up the stairs.

"Gross t shirt." Lorali commented as Maren placed bacon and eggs in front of a hungry customer.

"Oh, yeah." Rory responded as she sipped her coffee.

"Good band." Lorelai commented once again as Rory nodded along.

"I thought it looked good on him." Maren mumbled as she refilled Rorys cup.

Lorelai and Rory looked up at the Forester girl with knowingly looks.

"Did I say that out loud?" Maren blushed.

"Uh, no, not all." Lorelai raised a brow as she sipped her coffee.

"Good." Maren smiled as Lorelai whispered in rorys ear.

"She's in love." Lorelai jested as Rory nodded with a smile.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"So?" Rory asked on the arm of the couch. Maren sat squeezed next to Lane as her brother sat on the other side of Lane with Rory next to him.

"So what?"Dean asked as he flicked his eyes away from Neil Young on the screen.