Chapter: Nine

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                  ~ | Season 2, ep 17:
          "Dead Uncles and Vegetables."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Maren walked into Luke's before to school to find him holding a phone to his ear with two plates in his hand and choking customers with the cord.

"Jesus." Maren watched the scene fore rushing over to grab the plates from his and calling out to the customers to claim their plate.

Lorlaie and Rory walked in and grabbed other plates of food that he rushed into their hands.

"Could you find Jess? and get him down here. You're the only one he listens to." Rory asked as Maren nodded.

She walked over to the staircase and walked up to the apartment he shared with Luke.

She repeatedly knocked on the door till he answered.

He smiled when he saw who was at the door.

"Hi." Jess smiled.
"Hey, so you think you could come downstairs, Luke's is busy, and me and him can't handle it by ourselves." Maren pleaded to the dark-haired boy.

"Yea, I'll go if you give me a kiss." Jess smirked.

Maren rolled her eyes and went to kiss his lips but tricked him by kissing his cheek.

"That's not fair." Jess quirked a brow.
"You said a kiss, not a specific place, but that was the deal." Maren grinned and dragged him downstairs to the diner.

"Get to work." Maren pushed him off and started gathering dirty plates and carrying them to the washer.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"What's he going crazy about?" Maren asked Rory after she left from Taylor's table.

"Turnips." Rory grinned.
"Huh, I've never heard that one before." Maren shook her head.

"He's been sitting there like the final days of Dick Nixon for an hour." Lorlaie said while rushing around the diner.

Maren brought Taylor his plate while he mumbled about how he didn't believe it while staring across the street.

"What don't you believe?" Maren asked, looking outside.

"That's Babette with an armload of rutabagas. And there's Miss Patty again. Since when did she eat so much fruit?" He mumbled.

"Uh, I don't know." Maren said while shifting awkwardly and quickly walking off to other customers.

Maren stopped for a moment and looked around the room of buzzing customers. Loralie went upstairs to give food to Luke, and Rory was busy talking to Sam, who stopped by for a moment.

But no Jess could be found. She shook her head and walked up the stairs to Jess and Luke's mini apartment. She walked in to see Lorlaie and Luke sitting at his dining table.

"Hey Luke, have you seen Jess?" Maren asked.

"Uh He's probably out playing basketball." Luke shook his shoulders.

"Huh." Maren shook her head and thanked Luke before walking out of the diner to find him.

She walked down the street to find himself sitting on a bench reading a book.

She sat down next to him and looked towards him.

He paged his book and looked up at her.
"What are you doing?" Maren asked.

"Reading. I got tired of being in the diner." He said.

"What are you reading?" She asked.
"Pride and Prejudice." He spoke.