Chapter: Three

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                 ~  | Season 2, ep 8:
            "The ins and outs of inns ."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆Maren woke abruptly in bed to the sounds of rocks banging against her window. She groaned and rolled to the other side of her bed till the banging of the rocks got steadier.

She let out a sigh and stood up from her comfortable bed, and walked over to her window. She opened it to find Jess with rocks pilled in his hands.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She whispered, yelled as to did not wake up her siblings and parents.

"As much as I love to see you in your pajamas. Get dressed, I need your help with something." He said as he dropped the pile of rocks to the ground.

She rolled her eyes. She knew he wouldn't stop pestering her till she helped him with what he needed.

She got dressed and tip toed back over to her window. She placed one foot on a tree that sat right under her window and grabbed one of the branches with her hand.

"Are you serious?" Jess aksed a he watched her cautiously climb down the tree and jump next to him.

"Yea, it's the only way down without alerting my parents and brother. My brother and I used to climb this huge tree in our backyard in chicago that reached the roof. We would just sit there and stare at the sky for hours." She smiled to herself at the memory.

"I didn't think Dean was much of a climber." Jess said, watching as the girls mood changed.

"Oh, no, I have another brother, but he's still back in Chicago in juvy." Maren spoke sadly.

The two started walking towards where Jess was headed.

"What's he like?" Jess asked.

"Well, he's um grouchy and rude to mostly everyone except he was never mean to me. He's got like a bunch of piercings, and he ways dyed a blue streak in his black dyed hair.
I remember him making me sit on the bathroom counter and use box dye to dye his hair." Maren smiled fondly of her brother.

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?" Jess asked politely.

"I don't mind. He ran into a bad crowd with selling drugs, and eventually, he got caught and ended up in juvy for a couple of years. He's supposed to get out soon. My parents don't like to talk about him because they see him as a disappointment. You would've liked him." Maren looked towards the Mariano boy.

"Yea, I think I would've." Jess smiled as he stopped right in front of Dooses Market.

"What are we doing here?" She asked, confused.

"You are going to outline me since you're the artist here." He smirked and pulled paint.

"Uh huh, so this is your elaborate plan." Maren asked.

"Yea, evil, isn't it?" Jess asked with a playful smirk.

"Totally."Maren smiled and grabbed the paint from him.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Would you like anything else with that?" Maren asked the old women as she placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of her.

"That'll be all, sweetie." The old women waved Maren off.

Maren smiled and walked over to the coffee machine, ready to make another batch.

"Here." Jess spoke, handing her a fresh pot of coffee.

"Wow, how sweet of you." Maren smiled gently, grabbing the pot from the Mariano boy.