Chapter: Eleven

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                   ~ | Season 2, ep 20:
                        "Help Wanted."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Are you sure you're up for work? It's okay to take a few more days off?" Marens mother asked as Maren was stopped while opening the front door.

"Yea, being home doing nothing has just been making me think too much. I need something to do." Maren said with her backpack on her left shoulder.

"Alright hun, but if you don't feel well, I'm sure Luke will understand." Her mom smiled.

"Yea." Maren said before walking out the door.

She got to Luke's just in time to see a line waiting out the door with the door locked.

"What's going on?" Maren asked Rory and Loralie.

"Luke's gone fishing." Rory informed, taking in the noticeable scar on Marens face.

"Oh hun, how are you doing?" Loralie asked, looking at Marens figure.

"Just a concussion, I'm okay, tho." Maren shrugged her shoulders.

"How are you?" Maren asked Rory, noticing the cast on her left arm.

"I'm good. It was nothing but a fracture. That one over there acted like my arm got cut off." Rory eyed her mother as Loralie shook her head with an annoyed look.

"It may as well been. What that boy did to you both is....I don't even have the words to describe how terrible he is." Loralie sighed.

"You wanna have breakfast with us. My treat?" Loralie asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't want to be a bother." Maren said as Rory shook her head.

"You could never be a bother. It'll be fun." Rory smiled as Maren gave in.

"This is crazy. Don't they want us eating. Isn't that the point of the hungry diner." Loralie said as they were waiting to be seated in a local diner.

"Then they should call it the eternally hungry diner. I swear I'm gonna

-Three?" Lorlaie was cut off as a waitress finally came to seat them.

Maren shifted awkwardly as Rory and Lorlaie bicker about random things.

The three followed the waitress as she led them to a table for four.

"This alright?" The cheery blonde waitress asked.

"Yea, thanks." Lorlaie said as the three said down.

"Can I bring you some coffee?" The waitress asked.
"To start and finish." Lorlaie said with a laugh.

"You need a little pick me up?" The waitress asked, giggling.

"Do i?" Lorlaie smiled.
"Oh, back in a jiff." The waitress said before walking off.

"Well, this is uh..very pink." Maren said, taking in the pink walls and decor.

"You could say that." Rory said, pushing in her chair.

"Okay, when she comes back, we're gonna grab her and hold her down. Tell her really ugly things about the world." Loralie said, leaning.

"Get your daughter and her friend to help you out with your plan." Rory smiled.

"Okay, now. Make nice. Oh, how convenient. They've got pictures of all the food if you've lived in a cave for the last fifty years. And have no idea what a stack of pancakes looks like." Loralie said before quickly putting the menu down as the waitress sat down tea cup sized cups of coffee.