Chapter: Seven

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
~ | Season 2, ep 13:
"A-Tisket A-Tasket."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Cannot belive your dragging me to this thing." Maren sighed as Lindsay dragged her by the arm over to the center of town where the basket bidding would take place.

"You told your brother to consider bidding on mine, right?" Lindsay asked hopefully at the girl.

"Yes, yes, but why do I have to enter this thing?" Maren asked as she fidgeted with her rings.

"So we can find you a boy, hopefully a particular mysterious boy with dark hair." Linday smirked.

"So this is why you brought me to this thing. You want to see if he'll bid on my basket." Maren raised a knowing brow.

"Maybe, anyway, let's go put our baskets up." Lindsay dragged Maren to go drop them off.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"That's mine." Linday exclaimed as Taylor picked up her basket.

"Let's start the bidding at four dollars." Taylor started off.

A redheaded boy shouted six dollars.
"Six dollars, do I hear ten?" Taylor said with a joyous smile.

"Fifteen." Sam spoke loudly as he emerged from behind groups of people.

Lindsay shrieked as Maren rolled her eyes.

"Fifteen. Do I Hear twenty?" Taylor asked . A redhead boy shrieked back I to the crowd.

"Sold to the scary looking boy in the back." Taylor handed the basket to Sam, and he walked over to the two girls.

Lindsay blushed as he stood next to her.
"We'll wait till your basket gets called. I really wanna see who picks yours." Lindsay said as a few more biddings went on.

Taylor finally picked up Marens basket and started off with four dollars.

"That's mine." Maren said nervously as Lindsay comfortingly rubbed her shoudler.

"Ten dollars." Jess spoke as he emerged from the crowd.

Lindsay and Maren shared shocked looks at each other.

"Do I hear fifteen?" Taylor asked.
"Twenty." Jess answered.

"Do I hear twenty-five?" Taylor asked.
"Thirty." Dean answered as Marens gave him a dirty look.

"Cmon, man." Sam spoke to his brother.
"I don't want her near him." Dean said through gritted teeth.

"You boys don't seem to understand how these things work." Taylor shook his head.

"Forty dollars." Jess called out.
"Cmon Jess, I'm rooting for you." Lindsay clasped her hands together.

"Fifty dollars." Dean called out.
Maren silenty prayed in her head that Jess would win instead of being dragged around with her brother.

"Have you noticed how tiny this thing is." Taylor pointed to the tiny basket.

"Seventy." Jess called out as Dean hesitated.

"Eighty." Dean called out.
"I know damn well my brother doesn't own eighty dollars." Maren sighed.

"Ninety." Jess called out as Dean once again hesitated.

"Okay, we've got Ninety going once. We've got Ninety going twice. Sold to the nice hoodlum in the back for ninety dollars." Taylor tapped the hammer.

Jess went up to Taylor to retrieve the basket.

Maren walked over to her twin brother with Sam and Linday trailing behind.

"You fucking suck. You know that right. You're always trying to ruin my life and you feel no remorse for the pain you put me through every waking day." Maren shouted at her brother before flipping him off and walking over to join Jess.

"Two protein bars. A bag of salt and vinegar chips and very old halloween candy." Jess spoke as he sifted through the basket.

Maren shook her shoulders and kicked her feet as she sat on the dock.

"I was in a rush." Maren grinned.
"Is your brother that much of jerk that he has bid on his sisters basket." Jess sighed as he looked towards the girl.

"Yea he's always got was hes wanted to the point that he thinks he has power over me. No one seems to notice that except for you and Sam, well and Lindsay." Maren frowned as she looked towards the waving pond.

"I'm sorry you have to feel that way." Jess spoke as his eyes drifted off to the lake.

"Wow Jess Mariano feeling bad for someone." Maren joked with a harmless smile on her face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't trying to do the whole sympathy thing. Not everyone likes it. I dont." Jess spoke.

"I was only joking." Maren grinned and scooted closer to Jess.

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"This is nice." Maren smiled as she gazed at the boy.

"Yea." Jess responded and met her gaze.
He gently placed his hand on her chin and brought his other hand to where her should met neck.

"Can I?" He asked as his breath fanned again her neck.

She nodded surely and he delicately crashed his lips against hers. His lips felt soft against hers as they kissed in perfect sync.

He broke the kiss apart and the two looked at each other for a moment.

"What do you say we go somewhere to eat?" Jess asked.

"Yea I know a good pizza joint not far." Maren spoke as Jess nodded.

He stood up and reached out his hand to pull her up.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"So would you have called that a date?" Maren hesitantly asked as they stopped in front of Marens house.

"If you want it to be." Jess raised a brow.
"I want it to be." Maren grinned.

"Well then that was a lovely date Ms Forester." Jess grinned.

The front door opens to reveal Mrs. Forester clad in a robe and slippers.

"Is that you Maren?" Her mother asked.
"Yes I'll be there in a minute mom." Maren called.

"I'll see you later." Maren said as Jess nodded with a genuine smile.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Word count: 928