Chapter: Sixteen

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                       ~ | Season 3, ep 5:
               "Eight O' Clock at the Oasis."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"I can't take it anymore. There's too many of them." Maren whined as she walked over to Luke by the counter. He was talking to Loralie and Rory.

Maren still felt a little awkward with the younger Gilmore after the little incident in the beauty store.

"See, I'm not the only one. They sit, they stand. One person holds a kid, and another person holds a kid." Luke complained, watching the group that took up all the tables, and each had a baby in their lap.

"This guy runs in and out and back and forth. The women can't figure out which Is which, and they do it all morning long. And then order two iced teas to go and that is it." Luke ranted.

"I'm sure you're exaggerating." Lorlaie raised her brow.

"Nope, he's not exaggerating at all." Maren said with a shake of her head.

"Great, now I have to fill up every coffee cup." Maren complained as one of the ladies waved her over and was pointing at her coffee mug.

Maren grabbed a fresh brew of coffee and sighed as she went over to fill the mug. When one wants a refill, they all want a refill.

One of the ladies pulled down her top to breastfeed, and Luke cringed and walked back over to lorlaie. Maren shook her head at his antics and rushed to fill up the cups, and then walked back over to the three.

Jess decided to come downstairs, and when his eyes landed on the women, he emideately shielded his eyes. "Ah jeez." He cringed and rushed back up the stairs.

"Seriously." Maren shook her head.
Lorlaie laughed at Jess while Luke smiled.
"That was kinda fun." Luke jested.

Maren laughed and walked up the stairs after her boyfriend.

She opened the apartment and found him on his bed reading a book.

"I feel violated." Jess joked seriously and looked up from his book to her.

She shook her head and stepped off her shoes before laying in bed next to him.

He dragged her closer to himself, and she rested her head on his chest.

"You're the only person I care about. I care about Luke, but nothing compares to the way I feel about you. I feel like you see me more than just a messed up kid like other people in this town do." Jess confessed as he rested his book below her head.

Maren smiled genuinely at his confession and looked up to meet his eyes.

"I love that you feel comfortable with me and to not feel like you have to be someone you're not. You're not a messed up kid. you're perfect in my book." Maren said before Jess pulled her into a soft kiss and rested his forehead against hers.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Rory walked up the pathway to the oasis to water her neighbors grass while he was gone.

She grabbed the level and twisted the watering hose so that it would spray the water.

She finished that and continued to walk up the pathway and grabbed the house key out of the pot to let herself into the house.

Rory watered the plants and heard a very scary message on the answer machine.

She quickly walked out of the house and went to unscrew the hose to turn off the water.

She failed miserably to unscrew it and instead got soaking wet.

She got out of the sprinkler and went to page Dean, but he failed to have his pager on him.

Sam was walking that way on his way to work at Gypsy's when Rory smacked into him.

"Hey, Rory, wait up. What happened?" Sam asked, noticing her wet clothes.

"I'm fine." Rory said, continued to quickly walk down the sidewalk.

"You're walking pretty fast." Sam said, noticing her angered expression.

"Our president said 'Exercise', and I'm very patriotic." Rory grumbled.

"And you're completely soaking wet. Here." Sam said, taking his jacket off and placing it  around her shivering frame.

"No, I can't take your jacket." Rory said, trying to take it off.

"Please, I don't want you to catch a cold." Sam said sincerely.

"Thank you." She said.
Sam jumped in front of her to stop her fast-paced walking.

"What's the matter?" Sam asked.
"This guy moved in across the way. We said we'd water his lawn, and the grass can only be watered in ten minute increments. And the thing is stuck, and I have to find someone. Luke or Taylor or....where are you going?" Rory asked as Sam walked past her and to where he had seen her run from.

"You don't have to do this." Rory said," She met him at the neighbors house.

Sam ran through the water and gave the rod a good twist, and the water soon stopped.

"You made it look so easy." Rory said with widened eyes.

"It was kinda loose." Sam said, shaking his shouders. His raven black hair was wet against his skin, and his black tee was tight against his figure.

Rory found herself to be blushing and quickly looked at the ground.

"Thank you." Rory said.
"You're welcome. So things are good?" Sam asked with a smile.

"Yea, really good." Rory smiled.
"School?" Sam asked.
"Good." Rory answered.

Her pager suddenly beeped.
"My pager." Rory said awkwardly.

"Who is it?" Sam asked, interested.
"Dean. I paged him earlier to come over and help me, and he just got the message." Rory admitted.

"Typical Dean behavior. I know how my brother is, so I'll turn the water back on." Sam smiled and did as he said.

"See ya around, Gilmore." Sam smirked and walked back to work.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Word Count: 963