Chapter: Twelve

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                   ~ | Season 2, ep 21:
             "Loralie's Graduation Day."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lindsay cornered Maren as She walked down the steps of the high school.

"Hey." Lindsay said with a cheery smile.
"Hi." Maren forced a smile at the blonde.

"How are you doing?" The blonde asked.
"Never been better. I'm sorry that I've been distant lately. I've just had a lot going on." Maren smiled sadly.

"I know, I'm not mad about it. I'm happy to be talking to you now, tho." Lindsay said.

"Can I walk you home?" Lindsay asked.
"Yea." Maren smiled as the two girls walked down the street.

"Is your head feeling better?" Lindsay asked.

"Oh yea, I just have been getting bad migranes randomly." Maren said with a laugh.

"That sucks." Lindsay said sadly.
"Have you talked to him?" Lindsay asked cautiously.

"Not a word, Luke said he's back in New York. So I guess whatever." Maren shrugged her shoulders.

"He should at least have called." Lindsay said with a shake of her head while Maren nodded.

"You wanna go see that new Star Wars movie. Attach the clones?" Maren asked joyfully.

"I'd love to especially to see that cute guy that plays Anakin." Lindsay said while Maren shook her head.

"I'll see you later." Maren waved as they got to her house, and Lindsay walked down the street.

Maren sat on her bed reading an interview with a vampire when the phone rang.

She groaned and got up from her bed and picked up the phone.

"Hello." Maren answered when a knowing male voice said hello.

"Well, if it isn't Jess Mariano." Maren shook her head.

"And if it isn't Maren Forester." Jess said while Maren rolled her eyes.

"I thought I would never hear from you again." Maren spoke.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." Jess answered back with a smirk.

"Why haven't I heard from you?" Maren asked nervously.

"Maren, I really don't want to get into that now." Jess said.

"You can't spare me an explanation." Maren said.

"I was scared, okay? I thought that you would never want to see me again. I hate myself for what happened to you." Jess said sadly.

"Don't hate yourself it wasn't your fault. We don't have to talk about it anymore." Maren spoke while Jess nodded his head.

"How are you?" Jess asked.
"Good, I guess. Life's pretty boring here with you." Maren said.

"Does Maren Forrester miss me?" Jess said mockingly.

"You know what? Yes, I do dumbass. I'll admit to that, but you might get a punch for leaving me." Maren said

"Alright, I deserve that. I know this is a lot to ask but would you want to come to New york?" Jess asked nervously.

"I'd like that." Maren smiled behind the phone.

"Cool, how about tomorrow at 10: am. I'll meet you at the bus station." Jess said.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." Maren smiled as Jess hung up.

Maren put the phone down and jumped on her bed, facing the ceiling.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆