Chapter: Nineteen

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                       ~ | Season 3, ep 9:
        "A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren boredly tapped her pencil in biology while Lindsay scribbled in her notebook random drawings.

"So what are your plans for Thanksgiving?" Lindsay asked as she looked to her bored friend.

Maren straightened her back and looked to Lindsay.
"My parents are going to my grandmother's for Thanksgiving, and I told her I didn't want to go, and Sam said he didn't want to either. So Luke invited us to have Thanksgiving with him." Maren replied before taking a deep breath.

"Thanks, fun. You get to be with your boyfriend." Limdsay said in a sing-song voice as Maren rolled her eyes.

"Yea, I'm looking forward to it, plus my grandmother's food is always so bland." Maren spoke with a tap of her pencil.

Lindsay nodded.
"My parents usually have dinner every year, and we invite some family up." Lindsay explained as Maren nodded.

"That's nice." Maren replied as the teacher stood up and fixed his glasses.

The bell had rang, signaling the end of the class and the end of the day.

"Don't forget to do your homework. I assigned you and the study guide for Tuesday." Mr. Zech spoke loudly as the class hurriedly zipped their bags and ran out of the classroom.

Maren zipped her book bag, and Lindsay grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

"I'll see you over break." Maren said before hugging her best friend and meeting Jess outside.

He was leaning against the building, reading one of his books with his leg propped up.

"Have you ever gone anywhere without a book in your hand?" Maren asked teasingly.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p' and stepping from the building. He paged his book and put it in his back pocket before wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

He leaned towards her and kissed her lips as Maren blushed a deep red as she kissed back.

"Get a room." Dean said with a shake of his head as he walked down the sidewalk, heading to his last shift as dooses before he took off for break.

"I could have said that same thing to you many times." Maren said as she pushed his shoulder as he continued his trek down the sidewalk.

"Wait, you guys are talking again?" Jess asked, confused at the siblings gently teasing each other.

"On the night he dumped Rory, I figured I was sick of the constant bickering, and I just wanted my brother back, so we talked it out, and we're good now." Maren said with a nod of her head.

"That's good, but he's still a dick sometimes." Jess said as they walked down the sidewalk to Luke's.

"No argument with that, but I think he's working on being a better person. But if he is rude to me again, I won't hesitate to put him in his place." Maren smirked.

"Yea, and don't forget that I can beat his ass." Jess smiled and kissed her brow.

"I'm sure you can." Maren said they entered Luke's and put their bags upstairs.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The next day, Maren got herself ready and along with Sam, they went to Luke's for Thanksgiving.

"Hi." Maren said with a smile as she greeted Luke at the front door.