Chapter: Ten

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                  ~ | Season 2, ep 19:
                  "Teach Me Tonight."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren nervously answered the questions on her test in English. Even though she loved reading and did pretty good in math, tests were the things that she struggled most with in school.

"Fifteen minutes left." Mrs. Willow announced to the class as Maren clicked her tongue.

She heard somebody sit behind her and gently tap her shoulder.

"Maren." Jess whispered her name by her ear. Maren shook her head as she knew who it was.

"Ya." Maren answered quietly.
"Do you have a pencil?" He asked softly as Maren rolled her eyes.

"In my bag, I gotta finish this test, I'm already behind as it is." Maren whispered as she wrote answers down she knew would get marked wrong.

"Thank you." He whispered.
"Oh, are you sure I can go through your bag?" He asked nervously.

"Yeah, of course." She nodded her head.
Jess nodded and unzipped her bag and fished through to retrieve a pencil.

He grabbed his book from his back pocket and opened it up to start reading.

"I totally failed it." Marens sighed as Jess walked her to her front door.

"I'm sure you did fine, and even if you didn't, I'm sure you'll get it on the next one." Jess smiled as Maren grinned.

"Thanks for walking me home." Maren said as she nervously tightened her hold on her bookbag.

"Of course, I'll see you at work later." He waved as he walked down her front steps.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Maren." Sam yelled from downstairs.
"What." Maren screamed back.

"Come here." Sam yelled quieter.
Maren rolled her eyes and trudged down the stairs to the living room.

Maren looked to see Rory with an evident blush on her cheeks after talking to Sam.

Sam nodded to Rory and walked back up the stairs to his room.

"Hey." Rory said with a smile.
"Uh, hi." Maren said back.

"I was wondering if I could ask you something?" Rory asked as she played with her fingers.

"Yea, of course." Maren nodded.
"Alright, so Luke came over my house to ask me to tutor Jess with like all his subjects. And I was wondering if you could be there, I think the only way he would actually listen is if you were there. Cause I know he listens to you." Rory asked.

"Uh, yea sure, when?" Maren asked.
"Tonight, if you're not busy at lukes?" Rory asked.

"No, I'm not busy at all, I'll see you there." Maren nodded.
"Thanks a lot." Rory said before she waved goodbye and showed herself out.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Maren walked up to the door of Luke's and walked in to find Rory seated at one of the tables with Lorlaie standing, taking to her.

Lorlaie walked to the door and passed Maren. "If you guys need anything, you know where I live." Lorlaie said with a smile as Maren nodded.

Lorlaie walked out of Luke's as Maren walked over to the table Rory was at.

"Hey, thanks again." Rory smiled gratefully.

"Yea, of course."Marens smiled, and they both walked over to Jess.