Chapter: Twenty

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                       ~ | Season 3, ep 10:
                           "That'll do, Pig,"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren was in her room busied with homework when Clara busted in.

"Maren, Maren." Clara repeated her name excitedly as she stumbled over to the girl sat at her desk.

"Yes, yes." Maren repeated as she looked to her little sister.

"There's a winter carnival this weekend. Can we please go?" Clara asked, giving her famous puppy dog eyes.

Maren rolled her eyes at her little sisters antics.

"Yea, I don't see why not. Why don't you go ask Dean if he wants to go with us?" Maren asked the small girl as she nodded and ran over to Dean's room.

Maren finished up her homework and got ready for her shift at Luke's.

Maren put on a heavy jacket and her boots before walking out into the snowy town.

She walked by the gazebo and found her brother making out with Rory.

She shook her head and quickly walked into Luke's.

She put on her apron and began filling up coffees and taking orders as well as plating food and handing it to customers.

"Hi baby." Jess mumbled as he kissed Marens cheek as she was filling up a pot of coffee.

"Hi." She smiled at the boy as he took a plate to an awaiting customer.

He came back and stood at the cash register for when a customer was going to pay.

Maren walked over to him and snaked her arms around his waist, and rested her chin on his left shoulder.

"Wouldn't you like to do something really fun this weekend?" Maren asked with a smile as he looked on his shoulder to the girl.

"I mean yea, what do you have in mind?" Jess asked.

"Oh, you know maybe stopping by the winter carnival this weekend." Maren said with a pleading grin.

"You really want to go to that?" Jess asked, unsure.

"Yea, I mean, I already have to go cause Clara begged me to, and I just thought it would be more fun with you." Maren said.

"Alright, alright, I'll go." Jess said with a smirk while Maren kissed his cheek.

"Thank you it'll be so fun, and we can even hand her off to Dean at some point to walk around." Maren said as Jess nodded.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Why are we going to lukes?" Clara whined as Maren dragged her over to the diner.

"Because we're picking up, jess." Maren told the girl as the bell rang when they walked in.

"Oh, your boyfriend." Clara said in a sing-song voice.

"Oh, hush." Maren shook her head and saw Jess reading a book at the cash register.

"You ready to go to the carnival?" Maren asked as Jess looked up from his book.

"Yep." He mumbled and paged his book before putting it in his back pocket.

He kissed her cheek and grabbed her hand as the three left the diner.

"Clara, this is jess." Maren spoke to her sister as the frigid winter air crashed against  Marens face.