Chapter Fourteen

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                   ~ | Season 3, ep 1:
          "Those Lazy-hazy-Crazy days."

                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"So tell me how he asked you to be his girlfriend again?" Lindsay asked with a giggle as Maren gave her a look.

Lindsay lay on Marens bed with her feet kicking in the air.

"Have I not told you 50 other times during this whole summer?" Maren asked sarcastically with a smile as she shook her head.

"Yea, but it's just so romantic." Lindsay giggled.

Maren laughed and dived onto the bed as the girls giggled.

"You should ask him to go to the summer festival Taylor's putting on." Lindsay said as Maren nodded her head.

"He doesn't really like that stuff, but I bet I could get him to go." Maren said as Lindsay nodded her head.

"Have you told your parents yet?" Lindsay asked as Maren sighed and shook her head.

"I'm afraid too, especially now how they think of him after the accident, but they just don't know him, and they'll believe anything Dean says, the Golden child." Maren raised her hands for dramatic effect.

Lindsay laughed and shook her head. She checked her watch and figured it was time to go.

"I gotta go. My mom doesn't want me staying out late." Lindsay said as she stood up and grabbed her purse.

"Bye, hopefully I'll see you at the festival." Maren said with hopefulness in her voice.

"Yea, get that Mariano boy to come, I got some boy I met that I might go with." Lindsay said.

"Can't wait to meet him." Maren said as she waved her best friend goodbye and the blonde left.

Maren got off of her bed and decided it was time to get some English homework out of the way.

She put the vinyl Jess got for her on and listened to 'Summer Breeze' as she got a start on her homework.

She was halfway through when she heard tapping on her window.

Maren looked around, confused for a second before walking over to her window.

She lifted the blinds to discover Jess up on a tree about ready to tap on her window again.

She opened her window and grabbed his arm to help steadily pull him through the window.

"What are you doing? My brother is right next door with his window open?" Maren said as Jess smirked.

"I wanted to see you, Luke was ordering me around all day, and all I could think about was you." Jess said as Marren rolled her eyes before kissing him.

They kissed as Marens legs backed up against her bedframe. She let her legs give in and sat on the bed as she pulled Jess towards her.

Dean harshly knocked on her door as the couple made out.

Jess pulled away and glared at the door.
"You gotta be kidding me." Jess shook his head in annoyance.

"I'll get him to go away, but you gotta hide in the closet or under the bed. I can't have him knowing you're in here." Maren whispered as Jess softly nodded.

He stood up and got on the floor and squeezed himself under the bed.

"I can't believe you made me do this." Jess whined.