Chapter 7 - ''She's a Master Healer.''

Aang rarely got angry. He had been working on his breathing methods, his meditation and strengthening the connection to the Spirit World to ensure he keeps his emotions at bay. To Katara's surprise, he actually managed to lose his childish temper that's put him in many awkward situations over the years and actually learnt to remain calm.

The spark in his eyes then was not a bringer of good news though. Apparently Aang has forgotten all about his breathing and mind clearing within seconds.

''And why is that?'' He hissed and Katara whipped his head to him.

She's never heard him use that voice. Full of poison and maliciousness.

Zuko rubbed at this temples. Katara was familiar with this gesture. It meant he was having a headache. By the expression of his face, she could tell it was a very distressing.

''It's not an appropriate time for the Fire Nation,'' he's explained, his eyes hooded. Katara's hand itched to touch him. Help him with his migraine. She remained seated though. Listening. Watching.

''Is there nothing you can do?", Sokka asked, glaring at Aang who looked like he was about to go into the Avatar State. Worried, Katara automatically placed her hand on his shoulder. To her surprise, Toph whirled towards Zuko, her eyes widening slightly. What was that about? The Fire Lord did not seem to notice. ''Surely you want the people to come together as one.''

''I do,''he said through his teeth. ''It's just not in the best interests of the Fire Nation at the moment.''

Was he talking about what Chan's told her about earlier? People not supporting him as the Fire Lord? Katara squinted her eyes. Perhaps she could talk to him. See if there's anything she can do.

Even if she doubted she'd be useful.

''That's funny,'' Aang face showed no sign of emotion though. Nobody laughed. ''It's always about the Fire Nation, isn't it?'' He said bitterly and Zuko raised his eyebrows at him. ''First Ozai wanted to divide the whole world. Now you...''

''Aang!'' Katara scolded him, seeing Zuko's eyes going blank. He did not speak up. Did nothing while Aang offended him so terribly. He just... took it. ''I think you've gone too far.''

''It's better not to get involved, Sugar Queen,'' Toph whispered from across the table.

She looked at all of them in surprise. Why were they just accepting everything Aang says?

Sokka suddenly found the walls more interesting than what was happening in the room. Were none of them going to say something?

Aang stared furiously at Zuko. The tension is the room rose up. Katara patted the Avatar's shoulder to get his attention. He slowly peered down at her. ''I think you owe Zuko an apology, Aang.''

Aang opened his mouth but Sokka cut in, standing up. ''Are you guys thirsty? I'm thirsty.''

''Me too,'' Toph followed him, coming up to the doors. She knocked once, twice. They opened and a head peeked through the hole. It was a woman dressed like a servant; with a white cap on her head. ''We'd like some refreshments, please''

The maid blinked and glanced at Zuko who's nodded his head as if to confirm. She disappeared a second later, rushed footsteps sounding in the distance.

Well, Katara's friends definitely felt comfortable around here. She shouldn't be surprised. She assumed they would be spending a lot of time here, living so close to the border.

Aang sighed next to her. She looked up at him, his face softened when he surveyed her. ''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to burst out like that,'' he's apologized, tilting his head to Zuko. ''I'm sorry, Zuko.''