Chapter 35 - ''I'm with the Avatar.''

Before going in, Katara found a bathroom. She cleaned herself up a bit, but she could still feel the shadows of his hands, of his tongue, of his seed inside of her and everywhere on her. 

She brushed her fingers through her hair for the last time before opening the door to the council room. 

Thank the Spirits, nobody paid her any attention. People were talking among themselves, only glancing briefly in her direction but unbothered by her presence. She's noticed Aang sitting very high up the table, just in front of the Earth King. 

A spot was left for her or so she assumed. Dreadfully, it was right next to the Fire Lord's seat. The same cushion she was forced to sit on last time. 

Rushing to sit down, she barely acknowledged Chan's wide grin from where he stood against the wall, Taimo by his side. With a mirrored expression on his own face. 

She inclined her head briefly, sitting down next to Aang who was engaged in a conversation with the Earth King. He glanced at her, smiling for a moment before answering Kuei's question.

She looked around. Toph was sitting next to Aang, her face tensed. Sokka was on her left. Her brother merely waved at her. 

''What took you so long?'' the Avatar touched her shoulder. She almost yelped, still unable to focus on anything but what just happened in the room next to this one. 

Aang surveyed her face and she prayed to the Spirits he didn't suspect anything. ''I...''

''Yes, what indeed?'' King Kuei said across the table. His genuine smile only made her feel worse. The voices around them seemed to grow a bit quiet, no doubt listening in for her answer.

''The Fire Lord had a very painful migraine,'' Katara replied. Her voice was surprisingly stable. Or so she hoped. ''I wanted to make sure there is no underlying issue so I examined him thoroughly.''

Even though Zuko has probably done more examining than she did. 

''Couldn't you have done that after the meeting? It certainly kept us all waiting,'' the Earth King sneered offensively. 

She felt her cheeks growing warm. She bowed her head slightly. ''My apologies. I suppose I could have.'' 

''How much longer will we have to wait? Where is the Fire Lord?'' someone down the table has asked. 

Katara didn't know how much time has passed, lost in Zuko's touch. It certainly seemed like they were all willing to blame her for it. 

She knew it was worth it though. 

''He will be here any...'' the doors creaked and everyone whipped their heads toward it. She heard Chan's steps nearing to the place next to her, no doubt to announce the person that was now coming into the room. ''moment.''

No one was listening to her now anyway as they all stood up. Aang grabbed her hand, helping her up. She offered a small, quick chuckle. 

''Fire Lord Zuko!'' the Captain of the Guards' voice rumbled through the chamber. 

Zuko appeared in the door. There was no sign of what happened between them just few minutes ago. 

Charred //ZUTARAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें