Chapter 22 - ''Such a colorful language, Fire Lord.'' 18+

Chan helped Zuko to stand up. As soon as he was on his feet, he came up to Katara. ''Are you sure you want to do this?''

She raised her eyebrow. ''Will you stop me?''

''Never,'' he shook his head. His right shoulder still hurt but it was bearable. ''I don't want you to get hurt though.''

''I won't,'' she reassured, stepping away. She looked behind Zuko. ''Come on! You know you want to!''

She heard a growl in response. She smirked. Zuko's lip curled. He put his hand briefly on her shoulder before getting off the ring. ''You've got this.''

''Try not to kill the man!'' Chan called, following Zuko's footsteps. They took their places just behind the rail. Zuko leaned against it, looking like he will be ready to jump in any moment. ''Dumb he may be but he is a good fighter!''

''Better than me?!'' Katara teased, observing Taimo who was now leading snickering Sho onto the platform.

''I guess we'll have to see!'' Chan winked.

Katara closed her eyes, breathing heavily. She knew everyone's eyes were on her but Zuko's were the ones she could actually feel. He watched her so intensively, she might start blushing in a second.

Mercifully Taimo stood between her and Sho. There was a silence while Taimo looked at both of them. ''You fight until one of you gives up or is unable to fight anymore. Only bending is allowed. Physical contact is considered cheating. Understood?'' both of them nodded. Her friend glanced at her. ''As soon as I step off this ring, the fight starts. Good luck.''

''Thanks,'' she muttered, already seizing her opponent.

He stood proudly. He was probably three times bigger but it meant nothing if they could only use their bending. Katara spread her legs apart, inhaling.

Taimo dived under the railing. ''Fight!''

Sho howled as he created a long fire whip. She jumped up to avoid the first strike trying to swipe her off her feet. Katara was prepared, it wasn't the first time she faced a firebender.

The crowd went feral. There was a lot of shouting but she couldn't make out a single word. Her hands trembled slightly as she manipulated the water out of her poach. Covering her fists with water, she took a stance.

Sho attacked again. This time, trying to wrap the whip around her ankle. It barely grazed her as once again, she jumped back hissing.

Zuko swore. She glanced briefly in his direction. ''Such a colorful language, Fire Lord.''

''Focus!'' was all he yelled back. She heard Chan's laugh.

Rolling her eyes, she sent ice picks at Sho. He put them all down with his fire wall. ''Bitch!''

''Oh, did you expect me not to attack you?'' she raised her arms. The water went down her arms, creating a water cloak around her body. ''Sorry to disappoint!''

Katara blasted the water at Sho. Grunting, he put the water down, creating the steam around them. She couldn't see him through the mist.

Coughing, she closed her eyes. She knew sight was not always needed. Toph taught her that. Even though Katara did not have seismic sense, she knew her hearing was what she could count on now.

Listening, she whipped her had to the right. Nothing.

To the left... Katara ducked. She barely avoided Sho's punch.

Using her bending to dissolve the steam, she glared up at her rival who was deviously smiling at her. She returned the gesture. ''Cheating, are we?''

''I am no gentleman,'' he grumbled, kicking the flames in her direction.