A King's White Rose

Chapter 4: Stupid King

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold shoulders.

Silent halls.

The two supposed soon to be weds were ignoring and very much avoiding one another.

This time on purpose and with a fowl look to one another. Lixue wouldn't even look to Valdemar as they happened to walk down the same hall, different directions.

Everyone in the castle felt this pressure loam over them. Over the castle as these two refused to conversate after that disastrous dinner.

Why did that even have a dinner or agreed? If one was going to be infuriating on trying to place the other in a stereotypical order why acknowledged them??

Lixue felt that way. Oh that unforgivable dragon! That king these people worshiped and praised for his good fortune and great ruling was absolutely absurd! What he needed was a reality check.

Stuff his head in a book for once instead of cowering on a hill. Tsk what he knew about omegas?? What he knew about him.

This whole arrangement was ludicrous. Why did he even agree? He could have just snuck out and enjoyed the landscape in his homeland. Not here. Very much not here.

Valdemar was nothing new with his feelings towards that omega. But just the fact he's being ignored, or that Lixue wasn't even trying to talk to him.

If that was the elf prince's attitude towards him then so be it! His question is just..why did he feel his heart tightened?

Why does it bother me..?

Valdemar shakes his head and placed a palm to his forehead. He sighs under a growl and just forgets it. He can't keep thinking about Lixue and feelings. Especially at a time like this.

"Are you listening?"

Valdemar looks to Vaayn, his counselor lent over a map. He was deep in explaining a plan. Midnight troops were stalking up to Dracon Kingdom. An ambush on his lands was absolutely an death penalty. They were wishing for it and he will gladly give them it.

"Yes. How far are they now?" He asked, looking down at all the pin points and last land marks from where they were once seen.

"Klein and his spies last saw them coming onto the harbor. The west coast line." He pointed to the side of the castle walls, the distance between the waters to them was a travel but yet close.

"They'll be here soon.." The king clenched his jaws. The fact these men had balls to come to his territory. He had some thoughts on who might be the leader in this. Either that moral awakening cult or that damn bastard, Hadeon.

That toxic dragon bastard. If it is him he'll be ashes.

"Discard the soldiers at the gates. Let them come to me..I shall eradicate their mortal existence.."

Vaayn knew that face. He himself had a sinister smile on his face. His fury was tenfold and those idiots were about to figure out why he is the Dragon King.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lixue sat at the window, a book on his lap, the window blowing through the slightly pulled curtains.

The few days have been quiet, a bit to quiet but even if it was silent, eyes was on him. One presents dominated behind him.. piercing red eyes kept watching closely, intensely.