A King's White Rose

Chapter 15: Banquet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[5 Months Later]

Lixue hasn't been able to leave the safety of a room and monitoring. Might be wondering what I meant by monitoring?

To answer that question, or if you have already figured out, due to the two species mating with one another, the one carrying must be monitored for a few months to make sure the offspring is safe and out of the red zone of miscarriage.

But even if your the same species mating, there is at least a month of monitoring before the omega is released with some restrictions on what he or she can handle during that period of time.

Lixue here spend a good few months in the castle, mostly in bed and cared for. He hated that especially when Valdemar was busy. Valdemar didn't like the fact he was copped up in the castle, or that he would come to check on his beloved or rest and see a pouting queen standing there waiting.

It would be cute at first then as Lixue opened his mouth, Valdemar is pierced with millions of complaints.

Yes, those were the days.

But now, Lixue was up and about. With his stomach enlarged with a unborn child, it didn't stop the Queen himself from going about his business and helping as much as the servents and people will allow.

Besides that, there was to be a banquet soon, meaning preparations for that had already begun. Eileithya even decided to stay for the few weeks just to keep Lixue some company and explain everything he needs to know before child birth and the ways they do it.

It was scary to hear, absolutely painful but he was reassured that it would be quick and painless when he does arrive to that time.

Lixue sighs in relief, placing his hand on his round stomach. "What trouble you put me through.." He talked to his stomach as if the unborn can hear his words. Eileithya chuckled. "You are strong. I could see it. My grandchild will be just as strong."

Lixue smiled at her words. "I trust so."

"Trust in what?"

Lixue looks behind him and saw his husband entering into the room and straight for him. Lixue smiled more at the sight of the Dragon King.

"I trust the your child will arrive quickly without much pain." He repeated to him. Valdemar placed his arms round Lixue hands placed under the protruding belly. "Is that so?"

Lixue nods. "Yes. I'm not up for spending long anyways." Valdemar hums, pressing a kiss to Lixue's forehead. "I don't want to see you in any pain anyways. So it's better like that." Lixue closed his eyes and enjoyed the affection. He was nervous but enjoyed the little moments.

Eileithya smiled more at their sweet moments, the love in their eyes truly show and it made her miss her husband.

"My King can I ask you something?"

Valdemar listened to his question, raising an eyebrow. "As away." Lixue thought of a way to ask him so he turned to face Valdemar, cuped his face down to his height and looked at him seriously. "Take me outside."

Valdemar blinked, the sound of his mother giggling behind was an addition and the realization to what Lixue asked.

"What?" The Dragon King takes those hands into his big palms. "Are you sure?" Lixue frowned and nods. "Everything is so crowded..I haven't been outside since I started carrying your child."

Lixue goes to pinch Valdemar's ear only for the Dragon King to take back the hand and hold tight. "Ok ok, you want the outside."

Lixue frowned switched into a pleasing smile. "Thank you my King."