A King's White Rose

Chapter 8: Adore and Quality Time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was fruitful for both the Dragon King and Lixue it would seem. The two didn't seem to figure out why their beds were all of a sudden warm..or why their pillows were massive or that they breathed.

But neither moved and enjoyed that blissful thing they call sleep.

The next morning hit after and the sound of the morning birds singing around the castle. The morning was as livid as the sun was warm and bright.

Lixue woke sluggish and ached over his body. He peeled his eyes open to see a room. Massive and very much no the one he remembered laying in.

And he was right. The sight of Valdemar placing him in bed, a kiss placed on his forehead before he lolled back to sleep raised his interested and question.

The interest cause Valdemar was kind enough to not leave him there and question, cause..well, where is the Dragon King after all.

The bed was kinder warm which told Lixue that he wasn't gone for so long. Lixue rose up off the blanket covering his entire body up to his neck and brushed his hair out of his face.

Distant talking caught his attention, ears flickering towards the open balcony doors and the peek of red dancing in the wind before it calmed.

Valdemar..

"I said no." Valdemar turned at his heel towards the balcony doors and Lixue snug himself back into to bed, hiding himself under the covers by his neck and pretending to sleep as he entered.

"Why not? Aren't we good friends again after the war? Seriously why do you blame me for everything?"

"Cause everything tends to be your ridiculous ways of making me melt your castle to the floor." Valdemar bellowed, the lick of fire kissing his lips.

The deep accent voice spoke again. "You and your complex. I think you should just get ride of them."

"Sure get ride of them. And when the people see the ruthless ways they go running back to their rightful place. I made this country out of the trust and admiration of the people. My parents raised me to protect it and make it safe for everyone. Not have it destroyed cause a bunch of small fucked mortals wants to rage a one sided war."

War? Mortals?

"You and your morals. Fine don't put that cult in it's place and have them keep coming onto your territory. You can take of yourself oh great prophecy."

Valdemar grumbled at the prophecy part. He hated that title even if it was true or not. "Shut up. Now is that all you wanted to say? I'm busy."

"Ah no. I'm coming to your Kingdom by the third moon."

"Hadeon."

"Yes your mother, Eileithya, has been very generous in telling me about your new fiancé. Three months till marriage. Have you gotten rid of them yet?"

Valdemar rubbed at his temple, his eyes glancing over to Lixue. Lixue's sleeping body rested in the covers of his smell and mixed with it.