A King's White Rose

Chapter 17: Anything for you..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lixue slowly sat up from his bed, his hand reaching to his back as he groaned and moaned in uncomfortable pain. This whole pregnancy thing wasn't the best for him.

And with this straining time of carrying a child, came the want of food. To be exact, something sweet and a bit sour.

Strawberries..

Lixue's eyes looks over to his husband, his fast asleep husband and he thought. Should he wake him up? Would he be mad he woke him at this hour? After all the sun isn't even near it's woke..

Doesn't matter.

"Val.. Valdemar.." Lixue whispered as he tapped the back of the sleeping King. "Darling, my King."

"Hm.."

Valdemar groaned heavily into his sleep as the constant tapping and shaking and name calling caught his attention.

Lixue tapped again. "Valdemar wake up."

Valdemar slurred in base deep volume and tone, his eyes peeling open and dazed with sleep. "I'm awake.. I'm awake." The Dragon King said as he turned his face to Lixue.

Lixue watched down at him, hand rubbing his back and frowning when Valdemar became silent again.

The Dragon King however wasn't awake. He was still asleep as he said those words. Lixue, his wife to speak of, was very aware. He frowned deeper and slapped Valdemar on his bare back.

"Valdemar!"

"I'm up!" Valdemar's hands lifted him up, his eyes flown open and creased when the stinging feel of pain vibrated on his back. He grunted. "Love..yes I'm up what is it?.." He asked now that he was alert and not half asleep.

Lixue watched his husband and scowled this time. "I'm hungry." Valdemar sniffled as though his nose scratched and blinked to Lixue. Lixue's expression didn't change and realization to what Lixue just said dawned in the King's mind.

"Your hungry?"

"I'm sure my husband isn't deaf."

Valdemar.. wasn't impressed and frowned himself. He glanced to the balcony to see if the sun was up or at least peeking but..it wasn't. The moon was still shinning and the darkness still loaned thick over their Kingdom and it's vast forest lands as far as the eyes can see.

Valdemar blinked more when he noticed the hour and back to Lixue who was looking restless and rubbing at his belly. Valdemar sighs. He was at first thinking of saying something about the situation but then with that expression and behavior of his beloved he couldn't do it.

After all he isn't the one carrying the child now is he? So complaining about hour and time to his pregnant wife was like verbal suicide.

"What do you want my treasure?"

Lixue turned his pained face to Valdemar and thought of his first answer. When he did, he replied excitedly. "Strawberries oh and that...what was that pink and green fruit?"

"The Dragon fruit?"

"Yes the rare one." Lixue smiled happily. Valdemar smiled back and leaned in to press a kiss to his lover's temple then down to his stomach where his unborn squirmed within.