A King's White Rose

Chapter 9: Marriage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh Lixue dear!"

Lixue smiled at the sight of her Majesty and the mother of Valdemar come trotting over in her large dress and a massive smile on her face.

She glasped his hands. "My dear I heard of the news. Your really staying with my son?" She asked hopefully. Lixue replied after. "That I promised him."

Eileithya cheered and hugged the omega elf. Lixue squeaked at the sudden squeeze she gave him and pulled away with an even more giant smile.

"Now the wedding I sure! Oh my son thought I was stupid to think that this last arrangement was all a fail! Bah, please." She waved her hand at the very thought of the past Valdemar. "Have he been treating like a true mate?"

"If us getting along means anything your Majesty, I will think so."

"Ah wonderful news! Now I had a feeling so I brought some thoughts on a dress for your wedding."

Lixue almost choked at her words. This was moving quick indeed. He almost forgotten they were in this arrangement for a reason but now that the reason was a success that means this marriage was going to a success. Oh dear..

"Come now. Lilly! I need you now in the sitting room! We have a wedding to prepare!!" She shouted after her Lady in waiting, the woman stood to her side and bowed her head. "Yes your My Lady."

Lixue was tugged along, the sight of Valdemar now coming from a side door with Vaayn next to him. They made eye contact and Lixue gave him a helpless look. Valdemar shaked his head in amusement.

Darn!

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

The time for a wedding was vastly approaching. Since the proclamation that Valdemar and Lixue were in love at this point and acknowledged the immensely, Eileithya moved the wedding to the second week of the third year. Get it over with quicker before he son has his mind change or the two don't see eye to eye again.

The people were just as excited to finally have someone by their King's side. And the gossip have been so spicy since they've seen him following Lixue around.

Things like him smiling, that somethimes his eyes will glow and his pupils will widened with love.

"You can practically see the hearts in eyes when he looks at his fiancé."

"It's so cute no?"

"Our lordship is showing such emotions. Never thought I'd see the day he would smile so generously."

And so they went on and on about it. The wedding was boaster to. That is till Emperor Bastion, dropped by while the castle grounds were decorated for the special day.

The human blonde haired, purple cat eyed Emperor of the Western Kingdom, stood out of his extravagant white and gold carriage.

The man took in the beauty as he has always done when he comes to the dragon's territory. He walked to the open gates to which he was greeted by Vaayn.

"Emperor Bastion." Vaayn greeted with a respectable bow. "Counselor Vaayn. What a pleasure to meet you again."

"Yeh pleasure it mines. But..I will like to ask what is with your sudden visit?"

Bastion opened his fan and fanned himself. "Oh hun, why will I not come see my dear ally King Valdemar. Especially at a time like this great one."

Vaayn nods his head. "Yes it is very reasonable. Right this way then."