Counting ~19~

Niko could guess something is wrong, seeing the man who is driving the car silently by her. Though he is always silent, today he is not even looking at her. It would be better to know what’s going on in his mind. She can’t stop him. But at least she could have mental preparations.

~•~•~

He put a few papers on her desk. To Niko’s utter shock, they were question papers. They are not for her right? 

Solve them.

Niko’s eyes widened in wonder. 

BUT DIDN’T YOU WARN ME ABOUT STUDIES JUST YESTERDAY?!?!! 

Namjoon was standing there with no expression on his face.

HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN EVERYTHING WITHIN ONLY A DAY?!? THIS IS NOT LEGAL....

You have 50 minutes to solve the paper. 

He leaves her room, not replying to the words Niko screamed in her mind. For a reminder, Niko’s vocal cords always jam in front of Namjoon.

She picked up the papers in her hand. There were questions from introductory electronics, basic electric devices and mathematics. She can’t solve a single question without help. The only solution she came up with was to leave the paper empty. But Namjoon will k!ll her.

Or maybe she has a way! Something which she never did. Cheating.

Niko quickly takes her phone.

.....

But her thumbs didn’t work at all.

She can’t do this. Cheating is not the thing her morals would ever support.

But if she leaves them whole blank, he will never spare her this time. Niko again tried to search for the answers on the internet.

No! I can’t!!

She threw her phone on the bed with anxiety and grabbed her head. But suddenly her injured fingers hurt as she hissed in pain.

Aish-

Niko looked at her hand. The fingers had a reddish scar still. But at this moment her biggest worry was the unsolved question papers. Well even if she somehow writes the answers, he'll ask her how did she solve those. Then there will be no way left.

....

Finally she made a decision, not having the slightest idea about the consequences.

Namjoon was in his room. Niko goes there and knocks the door.

Hm?

He surely knew what she was going to say. Yet he acted.

Sir I - am s-sorry but I can't sol-ve the paper.

Namjoon smirked, but inside his mind.

Come in.

Niko walked inside with her increased heartbeat. Why so anxious today? It's gonna be alright -

Lock the door.

Her heart skipped a beat. The words Namjoon said yesterday echoed inside her ears.

I’ll listen to no excuse next time.

Niko started backing off.

Stop right there.

It wasn't a roar but sounded sharper than that.

Niko's legs didn't obey her anymore but was stuck in their positions. Even her brain cells stopped functioning.