Season 2 Chapter 7: Choices

Gray skies with no hint of blue, the sun covered by the clouds causing the temperature to feel a bit nippy, and the day felt a bit off. Currently at Salt High School, a new transfer student was being introduced to the class by their homeroom teacher.

Teacher: Today we have a transfer student joining us today. Go ahead and introduce yourself.

 Go ahead and introduce yourself

Asagiri: I'm Minori Asagiri. Nice to meet you.

When finishing introducing herself to the class, the new transfer student took her seat as homeroom started soon after. When the bell rang, the teacher left the classroom and everyone in the class was getting ready for their first subject of the day while some of the students were talking to the new student.

Asagiri managed to impress her new classmates easily by telling them about her father's work and position.

Girl #1: What? Your dad runs a company, Asagiri?

Girl #2: That's awesome!

Asagiri: Want to come over sometime?

Girl #2: Heck yeah!

Boy #1: Let's have a welcoming party.

As the students were getting excited one of the girls grabbed a piece of paper and used it as a signup sheet.

Girl #1: All right. Whoever's going, write your name down.

As most of the students wrote their names down, one student sitting at the back overheard about the party and was interested in joining. This student's name was Shigeo Kageyama, a normal high school boy.

While still watching the group of students from his seat, a trio of boys start to talk

amongst each other.

Boy #2: No need to bother asking Kageyama.

Boy #1: Yeah, you're right.

As the trio starts to laugh, Shigeo who overheard their conversation looks down a bit saddened and gives up on even trying to join or ask about the welcoming party. Asagiri noticed this and looked back at Shigeo as she asked about the poor boy.

Asagiri: What's his deal, anyway? Token punching bag?

Girl #2: Who knows? I've never really thought about him.

Girl #1: He's barely noticeable.

After hearing her new classmates' opinions, Asagiri rests her head on her hand and

starts to grow a devious smile while still looking at Shigeo.

Asagiri: Oh, I see...

================================================================================

Out in the real world with Kobayashi, Dimple, and the dragons, they were watching the possessed Asagiri's body that was tied up and unconscious as they waited for Shigeo.