little ones

"Taaayyyllooorrr!" A small voice bellows through the room as a little girl runs up to the superstar with the biggest smile on her face.

Taylor's taken slightly aback by the arms that are thrown around her waist, but she doesn't falter, reciprocating the hug. "Hi friend," Taylor smiles, looking down at the little ponytail and pink bow that sits on the girl's head. She looks up at Travis. "Is this..."

"That's Wyatt," Travis laughs, pointing down at the little one dressed in purple rainboots and a rainbow tutu. "And I used  to be her favorite... but I guess not anymore, huh Wy? Taylor's cooler than me?"

She turns, dropping her arms from Taylor's waist and looking at the football star. "Uncle Travvy!" she exclaims. "I didn't even see you there! You're so sneaky!" Her words are full of giggles and pure sunshine, and Taylor can't help but feel her heart melt as she looks to Travis, who is hoisting the child into his arms. She looks absolutely tiny compared to his giant body.

"So..." Taylor turns to the woman in the doorway, watching the scene unfold in front of her, "you must be Kylie?"

She laughs. "Yeah. And this is Elliotte... but we usually call her Ellie," she motions to a little girl standing by her side, "and this is Bennett, or Bennie." The youngest child is in Kylie's arms, still too small to walk on her own at not yet a year old.

Taylor extends her arm, shaking Kylie's hand. "I'm Taylor. It's so great to finally meet you. I've heard so much..."

"God, I can only imagine what kind of bullshit Travis has told you," Kylie winks, causing Travis to shoot daggers with his eyes at his sister-in-law.

"Hey," the man says, holding up his hands in surrender.

"No, no, nothing bad," Taylor assures the other woman with a smile. "He's just said so much great stuff about you guys, going on about how much he wants me to meet you and all... I'm really glad we were able to work this out."

Kylie smiles. "He's told us all of that about you, as well."

"Guys," Travis butts in, "come on. I'm right here."

They all start to laugh. After a moment, Taylor hears a little voice. "Mama," Ellie says, tugging on the hem of Kylie's sweater. "Mama, no jacket." She shakes her arms around, clearly trying to wiggle them out of the sleeves of her winter coat, making everyone laugh. "Okay girlie, let's see," Kylie says, bending down. Taylor quickly notices that she's struggling to both hold Bennie on her hip and take off Ellie's jacket, so Taylor walks over, bending down. "Ellie, can I help you?"

Kylie mouths a silent word of thanks to Taylor, who easily pulls the puffy jacket off of the toddler, her arms free of any other children.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay with you. And for watching Bennie tomorrow," Kylie says to Taylor, placing her hand on the other woman's arm. "It really means a lot to us."

"Of course," Taylor smiles. "What are you guys planning on tomorrow again?"

"Taking Ellie and Wyatt to the American Girl store for lunch and to pick out D-O-L-L-S," she says. "It's a surprise."

Taylor nods, a wide grin on her face. "I still remember picking out mine at the store as a kid. It was such a special memory."

"I'm hoping that's what we'll create for these two tomorrow... or at least Wyatt. Ellie's probably too young to remember it, but it'll be memories for Jason and I, if nothing else."

At that, the adults all hear a little gasp and turn their heads to Wyatt, who is charging towards Taylor's oldest cat, Meredith, who has appeard in the doorway. As soon as Wyatt is on the move, Meredith starts to bolt in the other direction, not amused by the idea of the tiny hands coming to pet her and love her. She's not the social kind of cat that loves all of that affection.