getaway (3)

It's a little more than a month after Taylor and Travis found out their good news, when Taylor is in the suite at Arrowhead Stadium, with Brittany by her side, the only person in the room who knows her secret. Her parents are there, and so are Travis's parents. The couple is planning on telling both sets of parents tonight. They've got their surprise reveal all ready. Taylor is really excited to share the news. She's about two months along now. She's been to the doctor and all is going well. She's been doing everything just right- taking her prenatal vitamins, cutting out alcohol, including the vodka crans that she drinks at games... though she's had to find a drink to replace that. It would be out of character for her to be in that suite without a beverage in hand. That'd give her away immediately.

The first trimester hasn't been easy on her, and she's still in the thick of it. She's been throwing up nearly every day, with Travis holding her hair back as she does. He's been nothing but wonderful and supportive but every day has been a new test. She's been so tired, just laying around with little energy. Jack has been worried about her, about the fact that she hasn't sent him any new lyrics in so long. The truth is that she hasn't even been able to write anything; that's how off she's been feeling. She knows it's almost time to come out with the news.

Brittany and Patrick have been great at helping to keep their secret, while still providing support to the couple. So during the game, when Taylor feels another round of nausea coming on, Britt is the first one that she goes to.

"Hey... do you think you could come to the bathroom with me?" she whispers in her friend's ear. "I'm not feeling great."

"Of course," the blonde replies, grabbing Taylor's hand. "Come on." She turns to the people who she was having a conversation with. "We'll be right back." As they're exiting, Taylor catches her security guard's eye and gives him a little nod, a wordless reassurance that everything is fine. Still, his gaze lingers on the two women as they slip out of the suite. She's sure that when she comes out, Taylor will find her security waiting by the door of the restrooms, instead of the door of the suite, where the guards are typically positioned.

In the bathroom, Taylor leans up against the wall, sinking down to the ground and clutching her stomach while staring up at the ceiling. She can't believe that this is all happening. Especially now. She wonders how long it'll take for the cameras to notice she's not in the suite. "Thanks Britt. God, this came on really suddenly, but I just needed a moment."

"No worries, it's the worst feeling," Brittany nods. "I've got you. Have you been sick a lot?"

"All the time," Taylor groans, pulling her hair up into a ponytail as she anticipates what's coming next. "It's been awful, really."

"Hey, you've got a healthy baby in there. I'd probably be more worried if you weren't getting sick."

"I know, but I'm looking forward to when it eases up in the second trimester. My boobs hurt and my back hurts and my head hurts and... god, I feel so bloated, and Britt..." Taylor feels herself tearing up. "This just sucks. Why didn't you tell me how much it sucks?"

Brittany lets out a small laugh, rubbing her friend's back. "It's okay, T. You're just hormonal, that's all. You're gonna be okay."

"Why are you laughing?" Taylor whines, rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry," Brittany responds, biting her lip to stop herself from continuing to chuckle. "Love you, T."

Instead of responding, Taylor stands up and runs the few steps over to the toilet, leaning over and allowing the contents of her stomach to empty into it. Then, she lets out a groan, wiping the beads of sweat on her forehead. "I'm sorry. This is gross and I'm putting you through this and-"