lovely london sky (1)

"Gorgeous," Travis says, looking Taylor up and down. The way that her black dress hugs her figure, the way that her red heels give her an extra boost of height. "You look amazing. Where'd you get that dress?"

"Oh god, I think I got it at Harrods a little while back... I think it was the same day that I got my earrings for the  Grammy Awards in 2023."

Travis raises an eyebrow. "Harrods?"

"Yeah, you know... in Kensington?"

"Kensington?"

Taylor bites her lip, trying to figure out if he's serious. But he's not fighting back a smile, there's no glimmer in his eye. None of his tell-tale signs that he's screwing with her. She thinks he might actually be for real.

"In... London..." Taylor spells it out for him.

"Yeah, never been there," Travis shrugs.

That's how Travis Kelce finds himself in Taylor Swift's private jet, descending into a private wing of Heathrow airport. He can't help but laugh about the situation. He was never really a huge traveler. He would go where they told him to for games, but his family's yearly vacation when growing up was to go to the beach, which typically wasn't even a real ocean. It was one of the Great Lakes, since they were only a short drive from where he grew up in Cleveland. This is actually the first time he's ever been to Europe for the sole purpose of traveling, seeing somewhere new.

"You're going to love London," Taylor tells him. "At least... I hope you do. I do. It's really chill here. There's not a lot of paparazzi. Everyone just sort of respects you. They let you go about your own business."

"I was wondering how you'd managed to peruse this fancy ass department store you've been talking about..." Travis smirks. "I searched up 'Taylor Swift at Harrods' on Google and there were no recent results. Some girl tweeted about seeing you there in 2013..."

"Oh, uh, no," Taylor blushes. "The dirty little secret is... well, I've got connections. I call ahead of time and they'll let me shop around for an hour after closing." As she speaks, there's a twinkle in her eye. "It's a lot of fun. Takes me back to old times, you know? Before all of this..."

Travis nods, placing his hand around her shoulders. "Tay, look out the window." She knows what she's going to see. She's quite familiar with the view as they descend into London. Still, that doesn't make it any less exciting every time. She sees the city out the window, beneath the plane. The Tower Bridge and Royal Albert Hall. Westminster in all of it's beautiful glory. He squeezes her shoulder. "It's glorious, isn't it?"

"And I'm going to take you to see all of it," she says. "When I used to live here, if I was having a bad day, I'd get into my car... well, my driver would have to take the wheel, since they're on the other side of the road here and the cars are all funky, but we'd just get in and I'd turn on the radio and he'd just drive around. I had... a lot of bad days here." She lets out a sigh. "But somehow, London always made them better."

She doesn't need to explain the subtext of that remark. Travis is quite aware of it. He knows all about how she used to live here, cooped up in a rental house with Joe. How she thought that the world didn't want to see her, so she just hid. And worst of all, how he was the one who made her think that. Travis vowed to never do that to her. If being here in London, parading around without a care in the world, is going to help heal something in her, he's more than happy to do it.

He thinks that's why she was so eager to bring him to London. That's why she insisted that they come in late March, almost as soon as she was done with her Asian leg of her tour, in spite of the fact that she'll be back in June to play her first round of shows at Wembley Stadium. Deep down, she wanted to rewrite some of those memories before she had to come back and face the crowds, singing those songs that she'd written in this city, written about Joe.