getaway (2)

The remaining bit of their trip, Taylor and Travis spend in a secret bliss. Though their parents don't know exactly what's going on between the two, they notice the way that Travis just can't keep his hands off of her. They notice the way that Taylor smiles at him from across the room.

Taylor does all she can to fight through the nausea that she's experiencing, and she does a pretty good job of it, too. She manages to spend some more time in the water- a bit in the ocean, but mostly in the pool with Travis, moments which the two of them are thrilled to steal together as their parents gravitate more towards the beach. They also take the boat out for a little bit. It's just such a magical and blissful time that they both know they'll never forget.

Their families are just really happy to see both of them making the most of their time together. Both of them have had tumultuous pasts. They've been through the ringer and bounced back again. It's clear to see that Taylor and Travis now are able to bring out the best in each other. They're simply the most perfect couple, and it doesn't take much to see that in them.

On their last night in Florida, after a wonderful dinner that Taylor had offered to cook, the whole group is sitting outside by the fire pit. Travis and Taylor are tight-lipped about their big news for now. They've got to let it set in, get everything checked out by the doctor, and find the right way to break the news, especially to their parents. Travis's parents will be thrilled, but for Taylor's parents... it's their first grandchild. Their little girl is pregnant. It's going to be huge for them. They want to make it special.

But as Travis sees Taylor, her hair blowing lightly in the breeze and her face glowing in the light of the fire as she takes a bite of her s'more, Travis can't help himself. He snakes his arm around her shoulder and whispers in her ear, "Gorgeous mama. I love you."

Taylor blushes and shakes her head, sending an unspoken communication to her boyfriend, not right now. They can't risk anyone hearing anything.

As the family is all chatting, Travis can't keep his hands off of her. His touch starts on her thigh, making its way up with his fingers finding their way under the hem of her skirt.

She puts a stop to that right away, grabbing his hand and taking it off of her body for a moment, their fingers intertwined as they hold hands. It's not that she doesn't want it. As the matter of fact, exactly the opposite. With Taylor's mom sleeping in the bedroom on one side of them, and Travis's mom in the bedroom on the other side, it hasn't been the most romantic of weeks for the couple. They hadn't expected it to be, and Taylor is sure that they'll have another getaway in their near future, one where physical intimacy can play a bigger role. But this time around, they didn't want to risk anyone hearing them. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't craving him, though now is not the time. Especially not with the secret they're keeping.

Travis doesn't take the hint. After a little bit, he wraps his arm around her waist, his palm resting on her side. Gradually, the spot that he is touching gets further and further up on her torso. She knows he's going for her breast. It's not the first time he's pulled that move on her, so once again, she grabs his hand and redirects him.

"So, Taylor," Andrea says, "any big plans now that the tour is over?"

She laughs. "Taking some time to rest. I'm sure I'll do some writing, but I'm mostly going to be in Kansas City with this guy right here. I'm excited to just go to the games and hang out with our friends and that sort of thing." She turns to look at Travis, their bodies facing each other. She made the move with intentions of going in for a kiss- one which he gladly accepts, but then, he does something that she doesn't expect.

He doesn't know what possesses him to do it. He doesn't even think about it- it feels so natural. He reaches out and lightly rubs her stomach. Upon his touch, Taylor's face flushes a bright red. She takes his hand and holds it, still facing him. She hopes that nobody noticed it. She understands his motivation- his child is inside of her. He wants to form a connection with the baby from very early on, and touching her stomach is his way of doing it. It really is very sweet, but he's got to control himself right now, while it's still a secret.