touched down (1)

As she's sitting in her bed with a cup of coffee, watching TV and resting up, Taylor hears a knock on the door of her Sydney hotel room.

"It's Tree," a voice on the other side of the door says.

"Come on in," Taylor calls. She pauses her show and the redhead keys into the hotel room. She keeps a copy of Taylor's hotel room key in every city, in case of an emergency. Taylor throws her hair up into a quick ponytail with hopes of making herself a bit more presentable- not that Tree hasn't seen her in far worse states than right now. They've been working together for nearly ten years now, and Tree has become far more than just an employee. They're friends, through and through.

"I just wanted to let you know, I just got communication from your jet... ten minutes until Trav is touched down in Sydney. The car is at the airport, ready to meet him on the tarmac."

Those are the exact words that Taylor needed to hear. A massive smile spreads across her face. She's been missing him so much. It's been a little over a week since she last saw him, when he brought home the victory from the Super Bowl and he took her out on a whirlwind of a night that she'll never forget. She thought she'd partied hard in the past... but she had no idea just how crazy it could get. She was definitely the drunkest she'd ever been. It had taken a few days to shake the hangover, but somehow, it was worth every second. She was just so proud of him. And she'd been counting down until she'd have him here with her.

Likewise, he is thrilled to be joining Taylor for the next bit of her tour. He can't wait to be in the VIP tent cheering her on every single night, just like she was for nearly every football game of the season. That's the thing about their relationship- they're just so proud of each other. They're going to do whatever it takes to support each other. It was a pact they made very early on, and Taylor's gone well beyond holding up her end of the deal. Now, it's Travis's turn.

Even thinking about being in his arms again makes Taylor giddy. She wants to kiss him, to feel their legs entangled between bedsheets and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. And in less than an hour, she'll finally have that.

"I've gotta put on something a little nicer than this," Taylor laughs, referring to the Hershey's Chocolate tee shirt with a hole in the armpit, which she's owned since she was in high school.

Tree only nods. "Probably a wise idea."

Taylor springs out of her bed and walks over to her suitcase, beginning to rummage through to find just what she wants to wear. She selects a navy blue Henley top with short sleeves and a pair of acid wash denim shorts. Then, she takes down her hair from the ponytail, running her hands through her blonde curls and refreshing them with a spray bottle full of water. She throws a bit of light makeup on and then turns to Tree. "How do I look?"

Tree eyes the low cut of Taylor's V-neck top. "Like Trav is going to have that outfit off of you in no more than five minutes after getting here."

Taylor can't help but roll her eyes, but the corners of her lips turn up into a smile. "And what if that was the goal?" she fires back.

"That's between the two of you, and is the one aspect of your life that I am perfectly willing to stay out of," Tree laughs, rubbing Taylor's back. "You look great... not that he cares. He'd be thrilled to have seen you in those pajamas, honestly."

Just then, Taylor's phone buzzes with a text. Just the text that she's been eagerly awaiting. The text that indicates he's taken his phone off of airplane mode and is safely on the ground in Australia.

Travis: We just landed and I cannot wait to see you SO soon!

Taylor smiles. "He's on his way," she tells Tree. "Do you mind... like, in a few minutes, you could maybe go down to the lobby of the hotel and make sure that he finds his way up here alright? I'll go grab his room key."