drinking on the beach with you all over me

The bathroom door clicks open and Taylor Swift walks back into the bedroom of the villa in the Bahamas, a vacation destination that has been a favorite of hers for a long time now. She's been here many times, stayed in the same place- admittedly, with many different companions by her side. The privacy that she manages to find here is more precious to her than any memories that she may have had in this spot in the past.

She's always been the type to live in the moment, and being here with Travis Kelce makes that really easy. One look at him and she can forget the names of every other man she's ever laid a finger on.

He's the one- she's just sure of it. In the last year, she's been through it all, romantically. A breakup that nearly broke her to her bones, one where she spent many long nights void of sleep as her tears wet her pillow. She had a rebound fling that was more of a hookup than anything. She knew all along that she didn't have any feelings for him, but he'd been pining for her for nearly ten years, so she gave Matty Healey what he wanted for a few weeks.

After that, she had sworn onto celibacy for at least the next year. She'd really thought that would be the best thing for her. She'd confided to her friends that she feared she wasn't the type of girl who would ever get to find her forever, so she just needed to take some time to be good with herself. To be happy with who she was alone, after being by someone else's side for so many years.

That vow sent her catapulting straight into the arms of a certain tight end. And her streak of celibacy... well, that was broken by the end of their third date. Since then, the couple hasn't been able to keep their hands off of each other- and Taylor has never been happier.

Travis draws in a quick breath as he looks at the woman standing before him, a vision in a yellow bikini. "Tay... you..." He struggles to find the right words to describe just how gorgeous and radiant she looks.

Taylor smiles as a small blush creeps across her cheeks and she looks down at her bare feet. "You like it? I picked it out just for you... yellow, for the Chiefs."

He places a hand on the small of her back, his touch connecting with her bare skin. "You're the most beautiful woman I think I've ever seen. Ever."

The singer merely shakes her head, letting out a quick chuckle. "Come on." She picks up a long-sleeved, linen shirt, slipping it over her arms to cover herself for the sake of public decency as they walk to the beach. Her and Travis both know that if it were truly up to them, she'd probably be even more scantily clad than her bikini. Their late nights skinny dipping in her private, indoor pool in her New York apartment are treasured memories, but they're both sensible enough to know that even if their beach is about as private as it gets, the paparazzi have found her here before. They'll likely find her again before their week is up. Those pictures would be the last thing that she needs on the internet.

As soon as Taylor's toes touch the white sand, her smile grows even bigger. She's been looking forward to this for the last few months- they both have. Through every football game, every concert. Every weekend spent in each other's arms and every week spent in different time zones. They've known all along that this vacation was coming up. Two whole months, after the Super Bowl, after the latest leg of the Eras Tour, all to themselves. To cuddle, to be wherever the other is, to just live. It's something that they both feel at times that they aren't getting to do enough. They're at the very top of each of their respective careers, they've both got watchful eyes on them at all times. It's part of what makes them compatible. But that keeps their chances to just let go at a minimum. They have to be strategically planned out and very actively created.

All the effort that goes into it makes those chances even sweeter when they finally do arrive.

Travis picks a spot on the sand and sets up the lounge chairs he's carrying, then Taylor places her bag beside them. The waves of the ocean lap at the sand several feet away. They're just perfect- big enough to have a little bit of fun, but not strong enough to take anyone down or cause any danger.