-8- Nightmare

"May fate ever change, flowing like time, to the path yours to reign, join one's tale and tarnish the lie."

'Huh?'

"Thou whom seek the light with a favourable gaze, an ethereal weapon lies before you, so command the wake from devastation, shatter inequity to restore balance, bring forth sentience."

'What is this? What does it mean-'

"Lifeless remains, may you forgive my sins, destruction will not avail, for balance shall reign, may you prevail, █████"

'Just who-'

"The time has passed, deviate from reality, embrace that which is lost."

'My head is going to explode!'

"Till the end of times."

'STOP!'

"Fragment of a soul, sing one's ode, █████"

Irina's eyes snap open. Loud droplets crushing down, echoing in the once-silent room. Hearth pounding in her throat, her gaze never stalling on a single object, constantly wandering around in search of something, then locking themselves on a small puddle. Her shaking body, covered in cold sweat slowly rises from the ground.

She rubs her eyes, with the hope of leaving her nightmare-induced state. Her vision suddenly darkens, her ears now ringing. Her panic rises, now unable to see, left alone on her unsteady legs. Her fingers brush against her eyes. The sticky feeling of some sort of liquid, only now realizing her hands are covered in it.

Feeling lightheaded, she tries to stop herself from falling by rapidly walking backward. Crashing against a cold, coarse, draped material. She clutches it in the hope of remaining upright. With a loud snap, she falls to the ground. Loud pants echo all around her. Hearth's palpitations rising. Short, shallow breaths leave her lips. Hands reach for her neck. Gripping some sort of fabric, she throws it off of her head.

Coated in dark red light, before her eyes stands the very same room she had fallen asleep in. A stained, broken mugg with spilled water on the side of her bed, the liquid mixing with something dark. Droplets follow her to the very same place she sits right now. She looks down at her hands, clutching the once gray curtain, now smeared with the same dark liquid. Her hands, drenched in it, glitter in the light. Her vision, still filled with dark spots, only now realizes the reason. Blood.

She looks up from her sitting position, behind her, towards the window. A full blood-red moon shines bright in the night sky.

Her heartbeat finally begins to slow down. The taste of copper b̶l̶o̶o̶d̶ and the ringing in her ears subsides. Yet, when her panic finally abandons her, a mysterious voice makes its way back into her ears and mind. Irina suddenly clutches her head in her hands.

"-nly you-"

Irina bares her teeth, suddenly remembering her dream- Not this again!

"Thou can glimpse in one's thoughts, without a core, in the absence of a soul."

She desperately tries to reign in her thoughts.

"Awakened in ruins, fields filled with their lifeless remains, blood washed by rain."

'I can't listen to whatever this is, my head is exploding just with a couple of sentences. I'll lose control if this continues!'

"This shall not be all that could ensue, I retreat but I'll live on."

'Sefirots! If I enter one I won't hear this, right? The same happened with Fors!'

"The end of all hope, to lose all faith, unforgiving destiny."