swimming

"Good morning Yamauchi!"

"Good morning Ike!"

While arriving at school, Ike called out to Yamauchi with a smile on his face.

It's unusual for those two to get to school early. One week since the entrance ceremony. Ike and Yamauchi have always arrived at school right before the bell.

"Wow~ the lesson is so fun that I can't sleep~"

"Yup, this school's the best—swimming will start soon! I say swimming, but girls are the important part! And by girls I mean their swimsuits!"

I wonder why they sound so excited i mean it's only getting to see more skin of a female body, maybe i should talk to them then i can know why they are so excited, when i was about to go Horikita stopped me.

Ayanokouji : huh why did you stop me.

Horikita : do you know what they are doing?

Ayanokouji : no why, i just want to know why they are so excited.

Horikita : Don't talk to them 

I couldn't understand why she said that but i decided to trust her.

After lunch we went to the changing room, i finished fast as i didn't want to stay there. The pool was smaller than the one at the whiteroom so i wasn't impressed at all. The boys just finished changing, though the girls didn't. Ike and Yamauchi were having a break down as Hasebe wasn't there, there was actually almost half of the classes girls who were not there. Though when Kushida came out most boys stared at her, I walked to the edge of the water and kicked my feet back and forward. 

Mori : He looks so cute doing  that.

Satou : i know right.

Ike : Why can't i be a little kid. 

Yamauchi : I understand, we will go back in time to get all the chicks. 

Kei : No way in hell i would get close to you even if your young. 

Yamauchi looked like he struck by an arrow. 

A teacher brought the students together and started class. 

"16 people, I see. I expected more people, but I guess it works."

There clearly were students skipping class, but he didn't seem to mind.

"It's a bit sudden, but I'll be examining your abilities after you're done warming up. You guys will be swimming."

"Um sensei, I can't swim though..."

A boy raised his hand apologetically and spoke up.

"As the teacher, I'll make sure that you learn how to swim by the summer. Don't worry."

"There's no need to learn how to swim... We can't go to the beach anyway."

"That's too bad. It doesn't matter if you're bad at swimming now, but I'll make sure everyone learns. Learning how to swim will definitely be useful. I guarantee it." 

I wonder would it even be useful for a kid like me.

We all got into the pool and started to see when ike suddenly said.

Ike : Back in middle school I was called the Flying Fish after all. 

He looked like he would get positive comments but most of us decided to ignore him. 

"I see. Then you guys can immediately start competing against each other then. 50m freestyle, separate yourselves by gender."

"C-compete!? Are you serious?"

"I'll give the first place winner a bonus: 5,000 points. On the other hand, last place will get supplementary lessons so prepare yourselves."

Those who were good at swimming were cheering, while the worse swimmers weren't thrilled at all.

"Because there aren't too many girls, I'll split you guys into two groups of 5 and give the fastest time the overall victory. For the boys, I'll take the top 5 times and then hold a final round."

I didn't expect the school to give points as prizes. Perhaps it's to punish the students who skipped class. What a well-thought-out plan.

There were 16 boys and 10 girls, excluding those who didn't know how to swim. When the girls started their race, the boys sat on the sidelines and started to cheer for... no, evaluate the girls. Onodera has the best muscle, i wonder why they are cheering for Kushida.  

I was competing against some randoms, i swam fast enough to get first but not to get to ahead. 

The whole place was quiet, i looked around and found everyone with their mouths open except for Koenji . 

Ike : sensei what was the time.

Pe teacher : He got 24 seconds 

the class looked shocked, it was slower than when i was 6 but i decided to act like i was shocked myself. 

The next few people went and the finals was with me, Sudou, Koenji and Hirata.

I went as the same speed but Koenji still won. 

I felt another stir of emotions but it didn't feel very good.