Chapter 4

Her Pov

After coming to the party, Zain was literally looking at me like a creep. Though I can say he was admiring me, he doesn't want to admit it. Agghh.....
This guy. I don't know whether I hate it or not. I know Bhai told me to stay away from him. But why was I getting the sudden urge to kiss him?
HAYEE I shouldn't think this. I don't like him, right? Of course you don't; that's why you want to kiss him. My mind mocked me.

But he is looking so devilishly handsome. Hayee. Shut up Anaya How can you have crush on your brother's enemy I reminded my mind.

I was standing in a corner alone as my whole family was not there

I was standing in a corner alone as my whole family was not there. God knows where are they.. Suddenly I was pushed in a corner. I looked at the person who dared to hold me and I was not even shocked to see that it was Zain .

He is so close to my face right now . If one us moved a bit we will end up kissing. You want that only my mind mocked me. Shut up I said in my mind .I started to get out of his hold but he was not letting me .

The way he put his face on my shoulder and his hand on my waist it felt so weird. I don't know why. Does he like me .Does he feel something for me .But it's not possible. I can't do it. I pushed him with a force and gave him the reality check that he needed . But what he said next made me sad. But why am I getting sad .I don't have any feelings for him.

He moved back giving me space to go. I walked away from there and lost in my thinking . He said that he will change for his woman. Does that mean he loves someone. Why is it hurting so much??!! It shouldn't hurt, Anaya even if you have feelings for him it doesn't matter he is nothing but an enemy for your family and you. I said to myself.

I came back to the hall where I saw that the lights are off . My mind got flooded with all the haunting memories. I can't breathe. Suddenly the lights turned on and I looked at the stage what I saw made my mind go blank. He can't be here. Zain promised me that day I will not see him ever . What is he doing here??!!.

"Ladies and gentlemen let's introduce you all to the new face in business world Vihaan Sikandar" the announcement was made . I need to get out of here as soon as possible. I rushed to a corner and sat there .

My chest is hurting. I can't breathe. Tears started to flow down from my eyes. How can he be here?!! He can't come back in my life again. All the things that happened 6 years ago started to come in my mind .I started to rub my chest . It's hurting a lot . I heard footsteps coming in my way . He's here . Run Anaya !! You need to fight for yourself. A face came into my view. I couldn't see the person's face. I pushed my tears back and looked at the person. "Anaya"- he said softly holding my shoulders.

And that's all it took me to collapse there in his arms ...

His Pov

I came to the hall and saw there were no lights .Why is the light off. Shit shit Anaya came in this way. She is scared of dark . My gaze landed on her. I saw her shaking. I knew it. Where the fuck is her so called caring family. I need to go her . Before I could reach her the lights turned on . I looked towards the stage and what I saw didn't shocked me cuz I knew it. My informer informed me that this bastard is out of jail. Wait.. Anaya is here .. She must've seen him .

I turned towards the direction where Anaya was standing a few seconds ago . She's not here. Where is she ??!! Oh god I need to find her.

I started to look for her . If something happens today with Anaya I will not leave that jerk. He knew that Anaya is going to be here today. That's why he came here . I can't let him reach Anaya.

I was passing by a corner when suddenly I heard someone's sobbing. I immediately knew that it is Anaya . She's here. I go there and moved towards her. She is shaking.

I hold her shoulders and softly called her "Anaya". She looked at me and my heart clenched seeing her . Within a second she hugged me and started crying so badly . I rubbed her back.

She started saying "Zaa-in He came back . Wh- yy did he - he came back . Thi this tii me nobo dy can save e mee . You you told me me right I I will n- ever see see him again. You you lied lied to me . You promised me that day " and started to move away from me . But I hugged her tight . "Zain my chest is hurting. " She said and started rubbing her chest harshly. I tried to stop her but she was not listening.

"Anaya Stop right now" I raised my voice a little. She looked at me and then suddenly collapsed in my arms . What happened to her . I can't let something happen to her . I took her to the restroom and sprinkle some water on her face .

Her eyes scrunched up and she slowly opens her eyes. She sat down and after a few moments she started to panic again. I can't see her like this .

I took her in my lap and made her to look at me . She looked at me with her teary gaze .Her face was totally red due to crying.

I called her softly "Anaya" . " Listen to me carefully okayy" I said, She nodded. I cupped her face and said
" Anaya it's nothing baby . I am here for you . He can't even spare a glance at you . Calm down babyy!!". She looked at me with hopeful eyes.
"I promise you I will make him see hell" I whispered to her.

She was still sitting on my lap. It's been 30 minutes we are not at the party . She was playing with my fingers that was on her thighs . She calmed down a bit. And suddenly she said "Zain tell me something seriously " , I nodded.

"Do you love me Zain ?? Why do you care for the girl who is your Enemy's sister?? Now don't be a jerk and answer this. " She said.
I was taken back by her sudden question. I don't know what should I say to her. I know I like her but love .I don't do love. I can't let her know that I have feelings for her .

I put her down from my lap and said
"Anaya don't fall for me . I don't like you neither do I love you . And this care it's only because I am an investigator and a human . Stop making your own stories . I am your brother's enemy . And I like someone else who has my heart from the day I saw her ".

She looked at me with so many emotions. I know she's hurt . But she also needs to realise her feelings. I left from there . My heart is shattering . I can't stay here anymore . I met her brother while going . He looked at me and asked If I saw Anaya . I told him that she's in the restroom . And with that I left from there......

______________________________________
The update is here ...
Last wala part is a bit sad .
Next part coming soon...
Till then
Taata
Kisses 😘😘❤️❤️

Word count : 1318 words

Thank You my lovelies 🤭🤭🫂🫂