7. the hillside

seven

seven . the hillside

[ narrative , instagram ]
JANUARY 6TH, 2024
The First Thoughts.
lauren & brady's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WE ALL GOT out of Brady's car, then me & Ari posed in front of it for a picture that Xoch wants to use for her insta.

Apparently the plan was to have a group picnic, but Dylan slept in, Malachi was with his girlfriend, Walker said he couldn't (which means he probably is calling Summer), Aryan and Leah simply said they're going exploring today since Leah can't drive.

Brady grabs the picnic supplies and sets it out while Xoch, Ari, and I talk about girly stuff that he doesn't wanna be a part of.

"Yo, I brought a speaker," Brady announces, "who wants to be in charge of music? I don't really feel like connecting to the speaker so whoever connects first can have music choice."

I immediately connect my phone, turning on my favorite playlist. The first song that plays is 20 Something by SZA.

click play here if you're choosing to listen

Brady's face immediately lights up as he hears the song, stopping mid-sentence and turning to me.

"You listen to SZA?" He shouts, and I nod enthusiastically.

"Outstanding song choice, Laur! I love SZA." Ari chimes in, smiling at me.

"Of course I do! She's amazing!" I squeal, and Brady immediately starts singing the lyrics.

why you ain't say you was gettin' bored?
why you ain't say I was fallin' short?
how you lead me out so far away

how could it be twenty-something
all alone still not a thing in my name.
ain't got nothin,
running from love
only know fear

that's me, ms. twenty something....

Xoch, Ari, and I laugh as he belts out the lyrics, eventually all three of us singing along with him.

stuck in them twenty-somethings
stuck in them twenty somethings
good luck on them twenty-somethings

Brady hums quietly to the song as the three of us arrange the picnic blanket and get the food sorted. I can't help but smile at the fact that he's humming along, it's sort of... attractive?