8. suprise...?

eight          

eight           .          surprise...?

[ narrative ]
JANUARY 7TH, 2024
The Shocking Realization.
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"YOU DON'T have a choice, Lauren. You have to come to the meeting." Walker says sternly, "and don't ask me why again, I can't tell you."

"The last time you did something spontaneous I ended up injuring myself, Walker!" I shout, and he rolls his eyes.

"This is nothing like that, Lauren! Just come to the stupid cast meeting. Please." Walker's face softens as he asks again, and I finally agree since he seems desperate to get me to go.

We hop in my car and drive to the place where the meeting is being held. Walker leads me in and we sit down in two of the 11 chairs in the room. I'm assuming the other 9 are for the rest of the main cast members, and then one for the director.

One by one the cast files in. Brady is the next one in after Walker and I, so he sits down next to me.

"Hey," I say softly, not wanting to be too loud as the rest of the people walk in, even though I already know them.

"Hi, Lauren. Why are you here exactly?" Brady asks me, and I smile at his question, assuming at least one person was going to ask, and I was right.

"Walker dragged me here." I reply, "I'm not sure why... I'm not in the cast, so..."

"Right," Brady clears his throat, gaining Walker's attention, yet he's still talking to me. "right. You're not in the cast."

He sends Walker a look, but before I can attempt to decode it, he's already looking back at me.

"What was that look for, Brady?" I ask him skeptically, and his eyes widen.

"Nothing, Lauren. I was just looking at him to acknowledge he's in the room." Brady shrugs, and I'd be convinced if I didn't know he was an actor.

"Fine, don't tell me I guess. I'll find out eventually." I sneer, and thankfully I'm saved from more conversation with him by Xoch and Ari walking in.

"Hey girl! How was your night?" Ari asks me, and I smile brightly at the question.

"It was fine, I didn't do much. You?"

"Mine was boring too." She shrugs, and we both turn to Xochitl for her night update.

"Well I didn't do anything either... I posted on insta then went to sleep." She replies.