10. sweetheart

ten

ten . sweetheart

[ narrative , Instagram ]
JANUARY 8TH, 2024
The Day With Brady.
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

AFTER I put on my desired outfit for exploring downtown LA with Brady, I take a mirror pic and head down to his car, texting him that I'm on my way.

He immediately replies with a thumbs up, and I smile to myself as I head down to the lobby.

When I walk outside, I realize it's a little colder than I anticipated. I quickly look around and rush to Brady's car when I see it.

When I jump in and quickly shut the door, I shiver a little and Brady laughs silently at me.

"I'm assuming you underestimated how cold it is outside?" He smirks, and I nod quickly. "Here, I have an extra hoodie in the backseat if you want it."

Brady reaches back and grabs the sweatshirt. He smiles as he hands to to me.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, and he nods. "Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver."

"Of course." He replies, "anywhere specific you wanna go or do you wanna just see where the road takes us?"

My face lights up. "Ooh! The Hollywood Walk-of-Fame!"

He nods, seemingly knowing where it is without having to map it. He turns on the radio, and the song that's playing is Somebody To You by The Vamps

(Press play here if you're listening along!)

Brady immediately starts bopping his head to the beat, mouthing the lyrics at me as I smile at him.

I used to wanna be
living like there's only me
but now I spend my time
thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind

I used to be so tough
never really gave enough
but then you caught my eye
givin me the feelin of a lighting strike

I laugh as I sing the pre-chorus and chorus with him. He puts his eyes back on the road, still smiling as he now sings the words instead of lip-syncing like before.

all I wanna be
yeah all I ever wanna be yeah, yeah
is somebody to you
all I wanna be
yeah all I ever wanna be yeah, yeah
is somebody to you