13. Realization

thirteen          

thirteen           .          realization

[ narrative ]
JANUARY 11TH, 2024
The Cast Hang Out.
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"NO WAY you're teaming up with Walker for this game, it has to be someone else! You two know each other too well," Leah argues, and almost everyone else nods in agreement.

We were playing a partner game at the moment, which technically is a game for couples but we disregarded that since we're all just friends. Right now we're trying to pick partners, but apparently I'm not allowed to be with Walker.

So far Dylan and Malachi are partners, Dior and Leah are partners, and I think Walker and Aryan are going to pair up. Ari's being the Xoch's partner, obviously. That leaves me to be forced to pair with Brady...

Not that I'm mad, we're good friends so this should be easy enough.

I sit down next to him and he puts his hand on mine. I smile at him.

"Hi," I say softly.

We haven't really spoken since yesterday, because I was battling with myself. He texted me this morning, but I never answered him. Obviously I felt bad now, because I didn't mean to leave him on read... it just happened because I was wondering if I liked him since everyone seems to think I do.

I take in his features while we're looking at each other, and I realize he has freckles. They're cute. His hair is sorta messy, but not like Connor's level of messy. I've become friends with Connor slowly, and he's cool. We aren't good friends, but enough to comment on an insta post from time to time.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Brady asks me, looking concerned.

"What?" I stutter, blinking a few times before looking back at Brady.

"You okay? You were staring at me." He whispers, I guess to not draw attention from the rest of the group, who's currently laughing at an answer Aryan said that was super incorrect.

I blush before nodding. "I'm fine. Got a little distracted."

He nods, acknowledging my statement, but not saying anything verbally. I subconsciously lean my head against his shoulder, and his arm moves from my hand to lazily lay around my waist.

Obviously we're the only ones who find this normal, because within 30 seconds the entire cast is looking at us.

"What?" I ask them, and they all give me a you seriously don't know? type of look.