17. farewell

seventeen

seventeen . farewell

[ narrative ]
JANUARY 15TH, 2024
The Friends Head Home
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WE HEAD to the airport to drop off Summer and Kate so we can say bye to them. We split into groups so it was easier to travel.

In Brady's car is obviously Brady, and then me, Kate, and Belle. Walker's driving Summer and Celeste. I'll pray for Celeste...

"Wanna play any music?" Brady asks me, and I shrug. He hands me his phone, "you can pick any playlist or play one of yours from my phone, I don't really care."

"Bray I don't know your password," I laugh.

"Oh yeah. It's my birthday. Twelve twenty-five o five." He says casually, I turn to him adoringly.

"You trust me to be in your phone? While you're driving?" I ask him, and he nods.

"Of course. I know you won't snoop and even if you do I'm not hiding anything from you, sweetheart." He replies, and I can't help the smile that rises to my face.

I type in his password and play one of his playlists, it's named <3. The first song that comes on is Somebody To You. I turn to him excitedly.

"Brady! This is on your playlist?!" I gasp and he laughs lightly, a faint pink on his cheeks.

"Yeah," he admits, "I made the playlist after our day out."

Kate raises an eyebrow curiously. "And the playlist name is a heart?" Brady blushes as he nods. "Sounds like someone likes Lauren..."

Belle laughs at that, doing her handshake with Kate because I'm assuming she agrees with Kate. Does he like me? He couldn't. He would've realized I reciprocate, right?

"No defense, Noon?" Belle teases, and I smile at that, knowing she usually isn't comfortable with people enough to make jokes.

"Shut up," Brady mumbles, but he quickly speaks again, "I don't."

"Sure you don't," Kate whispers, and I send her a stop it look. She raises her hands in defense and doesn't say anything else.

Belle turns her head as if saying this isn't my situation! and goes on her phone.

I hum quietly to the music that's playing, and Brady smiles when he hears it. He sets his right hand on my thigh, and I bite back a smile.