19. Confidence

nineteen          

nineteen           .          confidence

[ narrative ]
FEBRUARY 11TH, 2024
Walker asks out Summer
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WALKER PACES around our room nervously as he holds the flowers he got for Summer.

"What if she says no?" He says worriedly, and I laugh.

"You're serious?" I ask him, and he nods. "She's liked you for so long! Obviously she won't say no!"

He rolls his eyes. "Well what if she doesn't want a relationship?"

I sigh exasperatedly and he gives up on trying to convince me she won't say yes. I grab his wrist and begin to walk him towards the door. He pulls his wrist out of my grasp quickly.

"No! I'm not ready, Lauren! If she doesn't say yes, I'll—" he stops himself before sighing to calm himself down. "Sorry. I just... I really like her."

"I know, Walk." I smile at him. "If she doesn't say yes then she's crazy. You two are amazing together and I can't think of a better partner for you."

He smiles back at me, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. I can tell how nervous he is.

I walk him to the elevator, and he hesitantly steps out and walks to Summer's hotel room. He hesitates before he knocks. He stands for about 4 minutes before I decide to knock for him.

"Lauren!" He whisper shouts, "I wasn't ready!"

"Oops!" I say innocently, walking around the corner to wait for Summer to answer the door.

"Hi Walkie." Summer says sweetly when she opens the door, "are you alright? You seem nervous."

"I'm—" he stutters a little. "I'm fine, Sunshine. Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I am." She nods, and I do a silent cheer to myself.

"Well then let's go, Sunshine. No time to waste." He laughs.

There's no sounds for a moment, and then Summer and Walker walk past where I'm standing, straight to the elevator.

Walker smiles excitedly at me and I smile back at him, knowing this will go well. I hear them laugh as they enter the elevator, and then the sound stops once the doors shut.

I head back to my room to relish in being alone for once. I love hanging out with my friends, but alone time is also amazing.

I put my airpods in, turn on my Sabrina Carpenter playlist, and just vibe to Sabrina on noise cancelling mode.