30. new releases

thirty

thirty . new releases

[ narrative , messages , instagram ]
MARCH 1ST, 2024
Kate??
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WE SIT around a hotel room once again, but instead of playing a game, we're just talking.

Kate seems nervous for something, but nobody can really place it. I texted Malachi and asked if he knew, but he didn't. He said he had also noticed and asked her about it, but she just shrugged him off, and he knew if she was determined not to tell him, then he wouldn't push it because she was too stubborn to give in.

"Guys?" Kate says suddenly, making everyone turn to her. "Uhm, I wanna share something before I post it on Instagram, but if you don't think it's a good idea then I obviously won't do it,"

I turn my full attention to her, turning my body to face her instead of Brady's chest. I was leaning against him, and I still am, but now the back of my head is against his chest instead of my face.

"Uh..." she stutters, "I wrote music, and I think I wanna release it. I was able to get—"

"Oh my God that's so cool!" Summer squeals, hopping up from her place next to Walker to hug her best friend.

"Kate that's amazing! What's it about?" Connor asks, and her face lights up at someone being interested.

"Well, it's kinda a breakup album about Xander..." she says awkwardly.

Connor still seems interested in it, and I know Brady has been giving him shit about trying to interact with Kate more because him and Malachi are convinced they'd be a cute couple, and I can't say I disagree, but I'm not going to go to the lengths they are.

"Okay but, angry songs or sad songs?" Leah asks curiously.

"Mostly angry. Like... one or two sad." Kate explains, "so... should I release it or not? I'm sort of worried, bu—"

"Release it." Connor says quickly, "it shows confidence. That you don't need someone to depend on."

Kate smiles at him. I turn to look at Brady with a curious expression on my face. He's making a face at Connor, who rolls his eyes at Brady and turns back to continue talking to Kate.

"Looks like your little plan is working, hm?" I whisper, and Brady smirks at me as he nods.

"Of course it is, sweetheart, I made it." He jokes, and I roll my eyes while smiling at his joke.