037

We sat in Kie's car as for some reason, Pope drove. I was now in the front seat beside him.

"Pope, you clocked that car, man. Like that was so bad," JJ laughed, as they were both probably high. My head was too insane at the moment, thinking about everything.

"I'm just glad I'm not driving right now."

I looked at Kie, frustrated.

"That's it. Pull over," I commanded. Both of the boy's shut up, swallowing nervously. "Now."

Pope turned the corned harshly, making me hit my head a bit on the window. "JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving," I warned, getting out of the front seat and beginning to walk towards the driver's side. The front left light was broken, giving us only 1/2 of light.

"Mama's mad."

I watched from the front of the turned windows as Pope got into the back seat, in between JJ and Kie. I opened the door, getting inside.

I let out a scoff, beginning to drive away. "Where're we going, babe?" JJ asked me.

I looked back at him, squinting my eyes. "The last place they'll look."

-|-

I drove us to the Cameron's, in hope's that me or Kie could get Sarah.

Kie got out, borrowing my flashlight.

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked, as I grabbed my notebook, climbing into the backseat. I had it with me this whole time.

"She's the only one who can clear John B," I sighed, as Kie and Pope hopped over the wall.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is."

I looked at him, continuing to write in my journal.

"Dylan," JJ muttered.

"What?" I asked, continuing to jot down words and making them into sentences. He inched towards me.

"You're high," I sighed.

He pulled down the journal, closing it. I looked up at him, clicking my pen. He leaned forward to kiss me, but I backed away. "Jayj, you're high," I repeated.

"Yeah, I know, but, babe-"

I shook my head. "Don't. You're high and I'm not gonna kiss you just cause you're high," I explained, looking out the window.

He leaned closer, but instead, wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled, giving in. I played with his hair and began twirling it around my finger.

"So, uh— what do you write in that journal of yours?"

I scoffed. "A lot. I've had that thing for years."

"You think I didn't know? I've stared at you for years write in that book for years, always wondering what you write in it," he asked, his words tickling my waist.

"Stared at me?"

"Yeah, because you're beautiful."

I smiled. Even in midst of all of this, my brother being wanted for murder, he still finds ways to make me smile.

"There it is," he laughed, looking at my smile. It began wider, into a laugh. "There it is!"

I leaned down, kissing his forehead. "One of these days, I'll let you read my journal. Don't worry."

"One of these days, hm?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Okay. I'll wait."

"Wait? I didn't know that was something you could do," I playfully scoffed.

"Ha-ha."

-|-

That night, we slept at the Wreck while it was closed. We joined tables together and used them as beds. JJ stayed beside me, his arm protectively engulfing my body by the time I fell asleep.

I woke up, realizing J wasn't beside me as usual.

I stretched my arms out and stepped off of the sofa. I walked out into the dining room, seeing JJ leaning against the doorframe.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind, trying not to scare him. "Hey, babe," I murmured, rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, Princess," he said, grabbing the bandana on my wrist. I embraced him as he pecked my cheek as we watched the ocean.

Half the time, he was lost in thought, shaking his head. He held onto my bandana around my wrist, as some weird reassurance that there was, in fact, some hope in the world. And for him, it was me, and he made sure I knew it.

And for me, it was him and I made sure he knew it.

Ten minutes later, we both heard footsteps behind us. Pope joined us, leaning against the other doorframe.

"He's pinched for sure, man," JJ murmured, fiddling with his lighter.

"No," Pope said, "they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too," Kie, who had a major bed-head, shrugged.

I shook my head. "If anything, it's good I'm here with you guys. If I was with my brother, it'd be double the target," I explained, as I took my arms off JJ and leaned against the windowsill.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope admitted, and I nodded, watching as the tide moved back and forth. Pope moved over to JJ's bag, grabbing the key's for his bike.

"So, find him before they do?" He asked. "Pope?"

Pope fumbled with the keys in his hand, taking them and walking outside to the bike. "I'm gonna get gas for the boat."

"Hey, you be careful," Kie pleaded. "Okay?"

Pope looked at her and not in a good way. He looked back at me and J. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Then, he turned and left.

Kie rushed after him, leaving me and JJ there. Romantic tension of the sort with her and Pope. Shit.

"Ugh..." I groaned, nestling my head onto his chest. "Why is everything going to shit?"

"Well, not everything," JJ said, tilting my head back up. "I'm with the girl of my dreams—"

"Whose brother is wanted for a crime he didn't commit—"

"Who we'll help bon voyage out of here. Have faith in us, Dyl. It'll be okay," He explained, and I took a deep breath.

"Kie will get clothes ready for John B, while we get the keys to the Phantom. Right?" I asked, and JJ nodded.

We watched from the window, as every time Kie tried to speak to Pope, he revved the engine, so nobody could hear her.

I began hearing a helicopter, so I rushed outside to the staircase, watching a helicopter fly overtop of us.

"Who the hell is that?"

I realized, as my pupils grew a bit. "More security."

a/n:

guys we're in one last leap until season two! it only took me almost two years and a LONG break, but I'd like to thank all of you. Thank you for pushing me to continue this series and letting it become my because story yet.

gosh... thanks to you all!

Gracias.

Merci.

Grazie.

with lots and lots of respect and thanks,

Kar🩶