038

We helped Kie out at the Wreck, getting food ready for Sarah and John B. I helped Kie grab food as JJ stuffed the boxes full of produce and canned foods.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," she answered, handing me a hoagie, which I stuffed into the boxes. "Is that gonna be enough?" I asked, looking at the food that we had.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and the are all they need, so," he shrugged, looking back up at me.

"Dyl, I think I actually hurt his feelings."

"Kie, I wouldn't really be telling me that cause you know what my answer will be. Something like... He was high, and he said what he felt at the moment. He couldn't control it. If he couldn't handle the truth, because he was high, it's his fault," I answered, sitting on top of the table and cracking my knuckles.

Kie turned around, sighing and nodding. JJ poked my ass, which I swatted away as he chuckled.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels." JJ picked up the boxes, as we all began walking out of the Wreck. "These past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him?"

We walked outside to Kie's car, and JJ placed the food in the trunk, which I shut.

"Where you been?" Mrs. Carrera, or Anna, said, looking at Kie.

Kie stuttered. "I-I'm fine. I slept here."

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you," Anna chuckled, sarcastically. "Were you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now," Kie shrugged.

"Alright, what the hell are you three up to?" Anna asked, but honestly, I was surprised. My brother was accused of murder, and she didn't act any different then how she ever did towards me.

"Miss. Anna, I'm sorry, but we gotta go," I muttered, trying to give my best sympathetic look.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not!" She denied, as Kie tried to walk to the driver's seat. I walked the other way, getting into the passenger's seat.

"Mom, I'll explain later," Kie said.

"Have you seen the storm coming?" Anna asked her daughter. "This is not safe, girls! These cops are armed! You're gonna get yourself shot!" Anna said to her daughter, and I realized she knew exactly what we were doing since she brought up cops.

"I have to go! Mom, John B needs me! I'm not allowing Dylan to become all alone!" Kie got into the car, shutting the door.

"She can stay with us, whatever happens! You know we care about her—"

"I understand. I'll be careful! I'm sorry!" Kie said, beginning to cry.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Stop it right now!" Anna pleaded. "Kiara, this is not safe!" Kiara began pressing the gas, driving away. "Stop! Kiara!"

-|-

After we got closer to the clothes shop, we dropped Kie off. She allowed me to take her car, and agreed that we'd meet her back at the garage when the Phantom was at.

She wiped a few tears, and JJ and I drove away.

-|-

We got closer and closer to JJ's house, and my hand clenched the closer we got there. I bit my lip to stop myself from saying things, for his sake. He hand his hand on my thigh, squeezing it periodically, but as we got closer to his house, the more frequently it continued.

I stopped in front of the house, as JJ kept his eyes glued to the floor. "Home sweet home," he said, his voice breaking.

I put my hand on his cheek, turning off the car. "Do you want me to come with you, baby?" I asked him, as delicately as I could phrase it. He took off his hat anxiously, dragging his hand through his hair.

He shook his head. "Nah. This will only take a second." He reached the knob to leave, but he bobbed back in for a second. He pressed a slow kiss on my lips, softly biting my lower lip.

He rubbed his thumb against my braided hair and grabbed my finger, the one his ring was on, kissing it and then turning around and leaving.

I blushed. I slightly giggled as he walked inside the house.

I sat there, writing and jotting things down in my notebook.

-|-

After a few minutes, he came back outside, basically kicking open his front door. He came into the car and sat down without a word.

I looked at him, anxiously. "How'd it go?" I asked.

He held up his hand, showing my the keys, which were put on a chain that he intertwined in between his fingers. I looked up at his eyes, which red and glossy and tears had crowded the corner of his eyes and slowly fell.

I titled my head, wiping them away. "There. Gone."

He tried for a smile, as I placed my hand on his thigh as I turned the car on. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it and holding onto it.

a/n