056

We continued to go back home to the Chateau.

"There she blows," I murmured, as we pulled up to the deck.

"Bet it is good to see her old bones," JJ added, as I put my hand on my brother's shoulder, who looked like he'd just seen a gift. "Welcome home, guys."

We tied the boat up, and got off.

"Not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home," Kie sighed, as I balanced myself on the edge of the railing as I walked across it. "My parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston," Pope agreed, wincing.

"Hm," John B sighed.

"No one knows we're here, right?" JJ asked, leaning against the wooden railing. "And you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right, or am I right?" He suggested, and I shrugged.

"You're not wrong," Pope scoffed.

"So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want. Huh? A little Pogue fellowship. How does that sound?"

I smirked, sitting on top of the railing. "Let the shit hit the fan tomorrow," I smiled, looking at John B, who fist bumped me.

"Yeah!" JJ shouted in agreement.

"The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid," Sarah sighed, anxiously. She was sitting on the railing on the walkway out towards the Chateau.

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard my philosophy, right?" JJ asked, walking towards her. He stood in front of her, and all of the OG Pogues began quoting as JJ explained it to her.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time."

We all began softly chuckling as JJ clapped his hands. JJ looked at me, pulling me off from my spot on the railing. "Let's get some beer!"

~|~

We got the beer from Guffy's, and immediately went back to the Chateau.

~|~

As soon as it hit dark, we all got the party started at the Chateau with the Hot Tub.

"Ladies and Gentlemem!" Pope cheered, as the guys joined us in the Hot Tub. I was back in my black swimsuit, leaning back against the edge of the hot tub.

We all grabbed our beers, shotgunning and cheering for each other. JJ shook his in the air, getting beer everywhere.

"Yeah! Woo-hoo!" I cheered, holding my arms up.

We all cheered and laughed and whooped.

...

JJ was out of the hot tub, being a goofball with Pope. He had his sunglasses on, and was walking really funny. I leaned over taking the glasses off of his face and putting them on my head.

He pulled me farther out of the hot tub, kissing me passionately.

"Ow-OOOW!" Everyone cat-called us.

"Get a room!" Pope booed playfully, throwing a towel at us. I laughed, as JJ unexpectedly pulled me out entirely.

"Ok, we will."

I laughed as JJ jokingly pulled me towards the Chateau, and we both turned back around towards the rest of them.

I grabbed one of the empty beer boxes, and put it on JJ's head, who laughed at me and put his arm around me.

To be honest, I couldn't take him seriously with that damn box on his head. None of the Pogues could.