041

We watch's my brother until he was out of our sight, onto a new adventure elsewhere.

I held onto JJ, my hand pressed on his chest. I looked at the ground, thinking about what I was to do next.

What if DCS came back? Who would help me then? I was already almost taken from the OBX, what if I was?

JJ pressed at kiss on my cheek, his finger massaging one of the bruises left on my eyelid. "Nasty shiner, there," he winced.

I shrugged, looking up at him. "I'll be okay," I explained, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He slowly pointed behind me. I turned my body, looking at Kie and Pope.

"I'm sorry for acting like a dumbass. I was just upset—"

"Yeah," Kie sighed, quietly. "It's okay."

Pope raised his hand for her to shake. "...Just wanna be friends again."

She didn't take it and instead pulled him into a hug. When they got out of it, they both had cheeky smiles on their faces.

I looked at JJ beside me, and I crossed my arms. "Five dollars says they kiss," I betted, whispering.

He chuckled. "Nah. They're kissing, Dyl. I'm not even going against you," he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

Just like we thought, they leaned in, softly kissing each other on the lips. I blushed, covering my mouth.

My lips puckered out, just like when you see a cute puppy at a shelter. I looked at JJ, who smiled at my excitement.

"Your turn," he smirked, quickly grabbing my waist and kissing me passionately. He dipped me down, pulling me back up. I blushed at him with cheeky smile.

We were interrupted by the sound of a siren. Me and JJ both turned our heads, listening as they got closer.

"Um, guys, sorry to ruin that moment but we gotta go right now," I said, beginning to go towards Kie's car.

It was too late, as the cars surrounded us all, giving us no chance of leaving.

Realizing we were cut off, I lifted up my hands. We all did, except for Pope.

Pope just walked forward, not doing anything with his hands. "Pope, hands! Hands!" Kie shouted at him.

An SBI agent walked towards us, pointed a pistol at us. "Hands up!"

Shoupe stepped out behind him, hand on his gun. "We're too late. He's gone. Goddamn it!" He shouted, pissed. "Bratcher, have your guys stand down."

"Let me talk to these kids," Shoupe explained, walking straight up to me. "Dylan. We've been looking everywhere for you. Lucky we found you before DCS knew what was going on. Now, where the hell is he?"

I stood tall, not letting a noise escape my lips. "JJ? See you're livin' up to your name," he ridiculed. Pope, how about you? This isn't a fucking game!! You can do the right thing right now! Where'd he go?"

The SBI guy talked to his walkie-talkie. "Suspect has just left Station 26 in a small boat. Need marine control to respond."

Soon enough, the cops crowded all of us into the cop cars. We sat in the backseat, squeezing us all in there as we drove to the cop's setup near the beach.

-|-

Shoupe opened the door, allowing us to get out of the car.

"Go to that tent with Plumb, wait for your friends," Shoupe told Pope, who was the first to get out.