060 (+tiktok account)

We all went back to the Chateau, listening to the radio. I sat at our table on the deck, listening.

"Local teenager John Booker Routledge has been charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of beloved Kildare County Sheriff Susan Peterkin. Routledge evaded law enforcement during the recent storm and was presumed to be dead at sea, but after witnesses saw him back on the island, authorities moved quickly to apprehend him. If convicted, he faces the death penalty. At the courthouse today, his twin sister, Dylan Blaken Routledge was heard and seen spatting curses at a loc—"

I turned off the radio, kicking my feet on the table, listening to the soft pattern of the rain.

"I'm gonna testify under oath. I was there," Sarah began, as we all sat there in silence. "I just need to get a hold of my sister."

"Sister," JJ scoffed, leaning against the brick exterior of our chimney.

"Kie, do you have your phone?" Sarah asked, as Kie handed me her phone, who passed it at Sarah. "Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day."

"Wheezie?" JJ asked, in denial.

"I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess. I'm gonna do my best to get us out!" Sarah exclaimed, walking inside the house.

I stood up, walking over to JJ and stuffing my head into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me until I eventually let go, leaning against the railing.

"Wheezie?" He scoffed. "Yeah, that will work. She's right about one thing. We gotta do something. Our boy is a PO-dub right now, okay?" He began, crouching down against the wall. "He's held captive by the enemy right now, maybe even scheduled for execution. Are we just gonna sit here?!"

"What's the plan!?" Kie yelled, standing up. "We start by kidnapping Shoupe?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Maybe, like, that's not the worst idea actually," JJ shrugged, his eyes widened.

I was taken aback. "Oh, it's not?" I questioned.

"No!" JJ exclaimed at me.

"That is actually the worst idea I've ever heard," Pope claimed.

"It's pretty bad," Sarah agreed from inside the window, sitting on the couch.

"You know?" JJ said, turning around to face her. "Please, just stay out of this. Okay? Pope, look we've been doing everything your way, and how has that been working out?" JJ asked him, beginning to get a bit heated.

"Okay, okay, so what's your plan? You gonna storm a jail, guns-a-blazing'?" Pope said, standing up and sizing up JJ.

"Look, Pope, all I'm trying to get you to understand is they got our boy. Now, are we just gonna sit here and do nothing?" JJ turned to look at me, his voice gradually reaching a yell. "No! We're gonna go get his ass. We're gonna do something about it!" He shouted.

"JJ, we're not storming a jail. It's not happening!" Pope persuaded him.

"No, fine, man," JJ said with a pause, shrugging. "Sit in your comfy chair. Do nothing. I'm gonna see what I can do," he added, looking at me. "Make something happen, even if I have to do it by myself." He put on his hat.

"Okay," Kie agreed, hands on her hips.

Thunder crashed and JJ stormed out into the rain.

Pope looked at me. "Should we be worried?"

"For sure," I added.

"Dyls, would you—" she began, nodding her head towards the blonde boy.

"Yeah," I murmured, going out into the rain, running after J, who was getting on his bike.

"J!" I yelled, as he began straddling his bike, "wait."

I stepped right in front of it, so he couldn't leave.

"You're not going to try talk me out of this, are you?" He questioned, a light hiss in his voice, looking up at me.

"No," I said, putting my hand on the key, so he couldn't turn it. He looked up at me, slightly confused. "What?" I said with a light laugh. "I know. I know, it's not like me. But I know better than that. Once you have your mind on something, you won't go back. But, whatever you plan to do... just... please, be safe, k?" I asked, walking around to him.

"Just be careful. Don't do anything stupid," I warned him, putting my hand on his chest.

Slowly, he sighed. "I will, Cupcake."

"Promise?" I asked, crossing my arms and letting out a sigh.

He reached for the bandana on my wrist. "I promise, baby."

I nodded. "Good."

I pressed a light kiss on his lips, the rain dropping between our lips. He stood up from his bike, his hands around my waist.

"Cause I'm gonna hold you to that," I muttered, backing away from the kiss.

"I'm sure you will," he softly chuckled, making me kiss him again.

"Cause seriously, I am," I laughed.

"Got it, Princess." He laughed, as he began kissing my neck. He backed away. "Now, get inside before you get yourself sick, Dyl-Pickle."

I scoffed. "Okay, J-Bear."

a/n: hey y'all's!

Kar here. I have some news. I have TikTok!!

That's right. Just some weird stuff about this story and some edits. Thanks so much!

My TikTok account is:
dumbbrunette206

See y'all there!